Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ZUMO 550 AND NOKIA PHONE  (Read 1326 times)

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
ZUMO 550 AND NOKIA PHONE
« on: June 15, 2009, 10:45:56 AM »

Hi Guys,
I ride an FLHTCUSE 08 with the stock Harman/Kardon advance audio system, and a Zumo 550 as i don't like the Harman Kardon Nav system.  Both the Zumo and sound system work fine, except that for some reason when my mobile phone bluetooth is connected with the zumo, I can hear an incoming call perfectly through my headset, but cant speak.  I have tried every thing i can think of to fix the problem, but no luck.  The Zumo is fine, the mount is fine, the cable into the  Aux Jack of the Harman / Kardon is fine, the phone is fine, tried a second phone that's not it!  I am stuck!  Any one got any ideas?  By the way, I don't use the phone on the move!

Jazz

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: ZUMO 550 AND NOKIA PHONE
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Do you have a bluetooth headset/microphone?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »

Hi Guys,
I ride an FLHTCUSE 08 with the stock Harman/Kardon advance audio system, and a Zumo 550 as i don't like the Harman Kardon Nav system.  Both the Zumo and sound system work fine, except that for some reason when my mobile phone bluetooth is connected with the zumo, I can hear an incoming call perfectly through my headset, but cant speak.  I have tried every thing i can think of to fix the problem, but no luck.  The Zumo is fine, the mount is fine, the cable into the  Aux Jack of the Harman / Kardon is fine, the phone is fine, tried a second phone that's not it!  I am stuck!  Any one got any ideas?  By the way, I don't use the phone on the move!

Jazz

Don't know if this is the same problem as with my zumo 550 and my mobile, I had to make sure that the zumo was switched off when I attached the headset to the bike (I'm using an Autocom bike to bike system where the zumo is connected to the headset by bluetooth and to the phone by bluetooth).

The issue seemd to be that the zumo needed to connect to my headset first and then the phone and if it did that then all worked fine, if it didn't then I had the same symptoms as you.

Hope that helps

Jon

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »

Don't know if this is the same problem as with my zumo 550 and my mobile, I had to make sure that the zumo was switched off when I attached the headset to the bike (I'm using an Autocom bike to bike system where the zumo is connected to the headset by bluetooth and to the phone by bluetooth).

The issue seemd to be that the zumo needed to connect to my headset first and then the phone and if it did that then all worked fine, if it didn't then I had the same symptoms as you.

Hope that helps

Jon
Thanks for the tip guys.  I use the stock Harley Headsets.  I just came off the Zumo forum, and it seems that this is a known problem when using the bluetooth phone with Zumo and HD Audio.  Apparently I can purchase an after market bit of kit from the US of A for about $90 that will fix the problem.  Hope it's not too complicated to fit!

Jazz

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »

$65.00 here:

HD Bluetooth Bomm

http://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.