Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: setting alarm on 2001 SERG  (Read 1271 times)

bklynserg

• Junior CVO Member
setting alarm on 2001 SERG
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »

Getting my SERG 3/18/10, i was told the alarm was never activated. Could someone give me a fast lesson on how to activate the alarm? Thanks. Does anyone have lojack? Or something that tracks the motorcycle and notifies your cellphone? Alan
2011 SERGU Black & Slate picked up Jan 2013

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: setting alarm on 2001 SERG
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »

Should be: 1) press and hold the button on the fob to activate (look for flashing turn signals and/or listen for chirp to indicate the alarm is armed, and 2) to deactivate, press the fob twice (as if double-clicking on a mouse) while again looking for visual, or hearing audible, confirmation that the alarm has been disabled.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:24 PM »

Getting my SERG 3/18/10, i was told the alarm was never activated. Could someone give me a fast lesson on how to activate the alarm? Thanks. Does anyone have lojack? Or something that tracks the motorcycle and notifies your cellphone? Alan

The first generation SERGs didn't have the alarm stock.  It had to be added.  The 2000 model touring bikes' main harness didn't even account for adding the alarm system.  So for 2000s you needed the alarm kit and an install kit which was an added harness to tie in.

In 01 you won't need the install kit but will need the alarm kit (68200-00D) if it's not already on the bike.  Once installed, however, there's really not much "activation."  You need to mate the key fob to the alarm module but that's it.

On Delphi bikes when adding an alarm kit you had to do something with Digital Technician at the dealership to mate the module to the bike.  On the Marelli bikes that wasn't the case though.  Just install the kit and mate the fob to the bike.

One potential qualifier.  I've put alarm kits on four or five 2000 model touring bikes and a few 98s and 99s I can think of.  Can't specifically remember doing a 2001.  So I'm assuming that the 2001 Marelli bikes behave as the prior models do.  If that assumption is correct then the only activation is mating the key fob to the bike.

Do you have a fob?  Are you sure the bike has had the alarm system added?  If both answers are yes are you sure the battery in the fob is good?

inkdemon

• CVO1: 2001 serg(flrtse2)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »

You can also through a series of turning bike off on off on the left turn signal twice, hold fob button once for confirmation then a second time confirmation then left signal to change the setting, you can have it auto set 30 sec. after ya shut the bike down(pretty sure of sequence but wont bank on it, I can look in my book if need be to post exact sequence per the book. But then again the dealer should be able to also go over it with ya). Or as stated above manually arm it. You can goggle the alarm and find out how to do the settings (ie sensitivity and putting it in a valet mode etc)
And Have a Great One!

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.