Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: ACRs  (Read 2738 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: ACRs
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »

The 110 heads are very nice and just a "Blueprint" wakes the motor up and lowers the heat combined with the appropriate cam. Last one I did hit 118tq and 98hp but the lame tuner / dealer shut it off at 4,500 citing break-in issues. I am sure there was 10 more in it and the pipe was one of the worst for power, longshots. They should learn a thing or two about tuning the ideal place to break them in is on the dyno and work into the stress monitoring the head temperatures the whole time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:32:35 AM by Deweysheads »

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 03:04:41 AM »

I had all the enhancements done with new heads and ACR's and mine continually has the start issue. Have taken it to two different dealers and they cannot find anything wrong with the ACR's. They check good per there inspection requirements. This is a 2008 SEUC. I did have the ring gear changed way back but it still does it. I'm lost on this subject without going out on my own dime and re-engineering the start process of this new bike.

After 4 sets of Head and Base gaskets replaced plus the ACR's, then it began the hard start issue.
Took it back in and showed the service mgr, They put in new ACR's and a ECM (had to wait for the factory to send the ECM)
There were no error codes at all.

It now starts up right away and have put 2,000 miles (15,500 total) on it since the fix. Still starting GREAT!

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

Well, I was hoping to prolong the upgrade past this summer, but the ACRs are acting up too much (or not acting, would be more correct).  Kicking back during hot starts now more often - once it kicked back and smoke came out the air filter.  So, will go to the shop tomorrow and get the ball rolling.  Don't have any oil leaks, just the kick back.  Got over 11,000 miles, so maybe not so bad.

How long does the dealer take to do the job, I wonder.  Shouldn't be more than a couple days, once parts are in AND the job is started.

FLHTCUSE3
T-man

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

Dealer just called with all the "Enhancement" parts now in stock.  Looking at having it done after 18 April when we get back from the bike trip.  Sure do hope it helps/makes a difference in starting!

Piper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

I had all the enhancements done with new heads and ACR's and mine continually has the start issue. Have taken it to two different dealers and they cannot find anything wrong with the ACR's. They check good per there inspection requirements. This is a 2008 SEUC. I did have the ring gear changed way back but it still does it. I'm lost on this subject without going out on my own dime and re-engineering the start process of this new bike.

I had the same problem on my 2008 SEUC, but it was not every time. They did a compression test and it had very high compression but not on every test. The ACR's were sticking but not constantly so they changed them yesterday under warranty.
I will pick up the bike from the shop in a few hours.
The ACR's were also changed last year with the head gasket recall as part of that package.
I have had the hard starting problem since zero miles and I am wondering if they just skipped replacing the ACR's when they did the head gasket at 7000 miles. I have 15000 miles now.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

The new ACRs can be identified by no visible numbers on the top plastic. Not sure if there would be a way to see that on an assembled motor though

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

You guys are onto something here about ACR's. I had mine replaced with the head campain but I continually have a start issue problem. Three dealers say they cant dupe it but I think it is coming down to sticking ACR's.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »

Mine is in for a rear cylinder ACR replacement - starts like crap.  Hope this works long time, but I have my doubts.  The ACRs were supposed to be the latest and greatest.  Got another year to find out under warranty.  I just turned 15000 miles.
T-man
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.