Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuning Question  (Read 554 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Tuning Question
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »

I'm going to call my tuner but I thought I would get some opinions here first.  I sold my '06 SE Ultra and picked up a '03 SERK.  The SERK is bone stock in regards to the motor and exhaust.  I actually kind of like the sound of the mufflers on the bike so I don't plan to change them.  As far as the air intake I might add a replacement K&N filter but probably won't go with a Stage 1.  I'm not after numbers, just a better, smoother, cooler running bike.  The bike runs real well at highway speeds but stumbles around town and at lower rpm's.  I would like to add a PowerCommander and have it dyno tuned.

Anyone out there done this to a basically stock bike?

Is there going to be a problem with the tuning in getting the probe through the muffler and up into the headpipe?

Thanks guys.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Tuning Question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:13:52 AM »

I'm going to call my tuner but I thought I would get some opinions here first.  I sold my '06 SE Ultra and picked up a '03 SERK.  The SERK is bone stock in regards to the motor and exhaust.  I actually kind of like the sound of the mufflers on the bike so I don't plan to change them.  As far as the air intake I might add a replacement K&N filter but probably won't go with a Stage 1.  I'm not after numbers, just a better, smoother, cooler running bike.  The bike runs real well at highway speeds but stumbles around town and at lower rpm's.  I would like to add a PowerCommander and have it dyno tuned.

Anyone out there done this to a basically stock bike?

Is there going to be a problem with the tuning in getting the probe through the muffler and up into the headpipe?

Thanks guys.

With your goals, you can probably get away with just the PC, just take some time to get the settings where the bike is running to your satisfaction. Dyno would be the best way to get it "close to perfect", but, your choice, of course!
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.