Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check this maniac out!!  (Read 1787 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Check this maniac out!!
« on: November 13, 2005, 07:51:25 PM »

This guy sells fabricated parts for true duals on ebay. He also has intakes, as you can see on this bike. His company is called Fullsac, as in, you need a fullsac to do this stuff. Ahh youth, no fear.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
Re: Check this maniac out!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:08:45 PM »

About a year ago, was searching perf sites for odds and ends and ran across a pic of a guy on a Ultra, about in the same position...

Only problem with getting a heavy bike that high is you can't control the descent - might as well ride it off a three story building nose first. Bad part is sooner or later, something's gonna give....

Anyway, Fullsac is about right
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 11:35:05 PM »

About a year ago, was searching perf sites for odds and ends and ran across a pic of a guy on a Ultra, about in the same position...

Only problem with getting a heavy bike that high is you can't control the descent - might as well ride it off a three story building nose first. Bad part is sooner or later, something's gonna give....

Anyway, Fullsac is about right

That was probably the picture that I'd posted of a friend of mine on his Ultra Classic, at the drag strip in this link..........  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1077764884/13#13   However, when this site was hacked all the pictures posted prior to that were deleted and I no longer have that picture.  But Dan West can still be found around the AHDRA races on one of his bikes on a regular basis.  There is a picture of him in that thread with another of his bikes (a CVO), a Screamin EAgle Road Glide with a new 124" motor that's pumpin 132 HP and 136 TQ and he street rides all his bikes on a regular basis, even taking cross country trips to the drags......and then races them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:24:11 PM »

Must be a really "fast" shutter speed...those spokes are at a standstill?????????? Photoshop???

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

Must be a really "fast" shutter speed...those spokes are at a standstill?????????? Photoshop???

Could be, those pipes look like they're draggin, but I dont see any dust or smoke from it.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »

Rear spokes seem a bit blurry. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 12:23:44 AM »

Depth of field doesn't look the same in the right half of the photo as it does in the left either.  With the angle of the bike gotta wonder if the bike wasn't really going up a ramp and someone just took the ramp away.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:24:44 AM by twolanerider »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 12:51:59 AM »

The video speaks for itself, There's no camera trickery there [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 08:33:18 AM »

I would imagine trying to get a shot like that the shutter speed will be high enough to "freeze" the spokes. Even as slow as 1/250th will probably do the trick.

If it was fake he would probably be "looking" at a different angle.

There have been other pics posted on this site of e-glides doing wheel stands, only takes horsepower and practice, and you can buy one of the 2.

Check out this site with this qoute
"If you like wheelstands, then turbos are your breakfast lunch and dinner."
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/harleyturbos.htm

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 08:56:55 AM by porthole2 »

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 09:00:32 AM »

Depth of field doesn't look the same in the right half of the photo as it does in the left either.

But the shadows on the ground, his arms and the hills in the background are correct
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:03:02 AM by porthole2 »

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 09:07:30 AM »

Hey Porthole, you are so right on the HP and Practice being what's needed in doing wheelies on E-Glides.  I use to practice doing them on my knucklehead and thought I was getting pretty good and standing 'er up tall.......until..............I had someone take pictures.  Turns out the front wheel was not nearly as high up as it seemed from the saddle.  The camera won't lie (photoshop might).  The stunt riders can get 'em almost straght up, but not me.  Like Twolanerider says 'sometimes they come down too heavy'......that's a lot of weight on the nose, esp. with the fairings, etc.  Of course now that I'm a old fart, I've gotten to the stage in my riding career that I'm now trying to keep all the rubber on the ground that I can.  Har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 09:22:44 AM »

I use to practice doing them on my knucklehead and thought I was getting pretty good and standing 'er up tall.......until..............[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  spyder

Spyglide

Me to, on my rebuilt and punched out sportster. And I got pretty good at it (18 at the time)......... until........ I ripped the rear sprocket off the drum. The bike was a 1974 and the sprockets were riveted to the drum, ripped the sprocket free, then cracked the backing plate, took out a chunk of the drum and then the chain jammed in the frame. But I didn't fall down [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

And I never did it again.

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 12:06:10 PM »

Of course now that I'm a old fart, I've gotten to the stage in my riding career that I'm now trying to keep all the rubber on the ground that I can.  Har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  spyder

That would be a poll that no one would fill out  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

How old when too old to stop doing wheelies?
Under 30?
Over 30?

In our heads at least somedays we're all still under 21  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »

Of course now that I'm a old fart, I've gotten to the stage in my riding career that I'm now trying to keep all the rubber on the ground that I can.  Har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  spyder
Now that I'm an old fart, I agree.  Actually, before I was an old fart and after I found out the hard way how much it cost to repair or replace torn up equipment, I became much more conservative with regard to stunts like that.  Unlike many of the youngsters now, I had to pay for all of my "toys" from the time I got my first job at age 15.  So I really appreciated what I had, and learned early on to not abuse the equipment.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.