Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddlebag help  (Read 1891 times)

styrsnake

Saddlebag help
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »

I am new here and was hoping you guys would have some recommendations of some good saddlebags for my 08 SE Softail Springer.  I have been looking around for some nice looking bags with quick detach mounts to put on my bike.  I am planning a 1200 mile trip for the end of June/early July and would like to get some quick detach saddle bags for the trip.  The ghost mounts seem to be pretty good from what I have read, but I don't like the bags they make.  I do like Boss bags, but don't know anything about there mounts.  I was wondering if any of you have quick detach bags and if so could you post some pics and the pros and cons of your setup.

As of now the only thing I have done to my bike is put Rush slip-ons on it.  I am taking it next month to put some Hooker Troublemaker pipes and a SERT on it and have it Dyno tuned.
Thanks,
Steve

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Saddlebag help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:36:04 AM »

Steve, welcome aboard and hold onto your wallet!  ;D You can spend a lot of money here. Give it a few hours and some of the Springer guys will be online. Jorge has a beautiful Orange one.

AJ

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:59:16 AM »

Probably not the answer you're looking for,but I chose this set up over saddlebags;

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:11:19 AM »

Steve
Have a look at Fox Creek Leather
The throw overs work for me (a bit small but OK)
john.a

gilbert

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

I use throw over bags on my 07. I just put under ther seat and leave them there. I also had to make up some hard ware to keep them from swinging into the wheel.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »

Ride a Wide Glide, not a Springer (not that I don't love 'em) but thought I would weigh in on the bag situation. Got the Boss bags and they are extremely well made (a bit expensive but you get what you pay for). Had a new set of tops made to my specs. The mounting system is quick, secure and not very noticeable when the bags are off. Would highly recommend them. They make a lot of nice accessories for their bags as well. The front and back hook on packs are nice and they make one that holds a water bottle. They have been soaked and they dried very nicely. Had them on the trip to Eureka Springs (1,50 miles RT) ad they worked great. 5 minutes to get on or off.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

bags on

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:54 AM »

Here are stock Harley detach saddlebags on my 07 Springer. They worked well over to Solvang and back. The "Big test" will be Friday
July 10, when they go to the "Mt Hood" GTG.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 03:19:40 AM »

Another view...........

chriscraig73

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »

I'll post pics later, but I purchased a set of Boss Bags for my 08: www.bossbags.com

I ended up with the 36 Plain Phantom Bracket quick detach bags and a matching trunk bag. Just completed a 1500 mile run and I couldn't be happier. Great quality, great looks, and nice people to work with.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.