Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 03 FLHTCUI stalls at highway speed?  (Read 841 times)

dmdrider03

03 FLHTCUI stalls at highway speed?
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

Just arrived home from a 500 mile day. While travelling at highway speed bike stalled. I pulled the clutch, coasted for a bit, downshifted one gear and was able to bump start it. Went a few more miles and it happened again. Through out the day it happened at least a dozen times. Sometimes it would happen 3 times in a row. I would drive approx. 90-100 miles and it would stall again (once); continue again for a couple hours and another stall. The last 3 hours of the trip were ok?
This first occured yesterday 3 times in a row also, but did not report. I rode approx 150 miles after the occurence.
I stopped at a dealer and did a check to see if codes were present (toggling ignition switch) none showed. They thought it may be related to the 'crank position sensor'.
Also during todays travel/ after the numerous 'shutdowns' I noticed my AM and FM radio channels were full of interference? I tried with the engine shut-off and they were fine. By the end of the day they were fine while engine was running?
Thanks in advance!!

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.