Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Suggestions...bike is at dealer still  (Read 3059 times)

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
Re: Suggestions...bike is at dealer still
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »

1jeep,
I have some thoughts here...
I guess the only way to get the answer is probably to do it in person, face2face.  

First off...I don't think the dealer is peeved at you for doing the first service.  Secondly, if you're bike has been sitting on a lift for a week, they're loosing money with it just sitting there.  So I doubt they're trying to screw with anyone.  
Where my question lies...why would they call in a rep?  I guess I'd ask them that.  I think they could be blowing smoke there.  Face2Face, I'd ask them his name and ask for his phone number or a way that you can contact him.  Avoid the guns a blazin technique though.  With a FTD attitude...you wont win many friends and it'll be an awfully lonely battle.  

It could be something as wierd as some bad gas or partially clogged injector or o2 sensor.  
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 01:39:37 PM »

i must ask what a goldwing rider is doing here? I look back and think about how close i was to keeping my other HD and buying a new wing......now i really am starting to think it may have been a better route to take.

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

Wow...how quick we jump ship.  So much for loyalty here....   ;D

You don't think Honda has a repair shop in every dealership?  Or Rolls Royce for that matter??? 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »

Simmer down....i know the others have issues. I have a honda and yamaha in my garage.....too bad the honda has never failed, but yes i have heard of issues with the wings, the yami is on its second engine.

My point was i could have kept my 06 street glide and bought a new wing, at least the SG ran great.

I havent jumped ship .....yet! As for brand loyalty, yeah i had 16 years of that with dodge, now i buy what fits my needs/wants and budget and dont look at the name plate.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 07:50:42 AM »

I went down to the dealership last night and met with the service manager and the owner, i have the name of the rep and i am giving them till monday morning to get me an answer as to what is wrong. So far they have nothing and have only done what appears to me as basic tests. I was told there wasa  compression and leak down test done and showed nothing. Then apparently the rep wants it to be riden and a download of the computer sent to HD...i feel there is a load of bs in there somewhere.

Either way i am stuck waiting, it does however really tick me off that once again in the conversation me doing my own oil change came up again. The owner even commented about how people spend this kind of money and expect too much from these bikes....uh yeah why shouldnt i expect a touring bike to make a 1500 mile trip without issues.

Bottom line, the bike has been at the dealer for a week and i have no answer as to what the problem is or what they are going to do too resolve it.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 09:01:46 AM »

My visit to the dealer must have been what they all needed. last night i got a call from not only my dealer but also Harley telling me they are tearing the motor apart to see what is happening.

Its not what i really wanted to hear, but at least something is being done. I just wanted to thank you guys for listening to me whine.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »

i must ask what a goldwing rider is doing here? I look back and think about how close i was to keeping my other HD and buying a new wing......now i really am starting to think it may have been a better route to take.

I was here, before you  ;D I had a 06 cvo ultra an an 02 wing at the time. Howie convinced me to stay away from the dreaded 110 motor  :2vrolijk_21:

All the tears and teeth nashing over the leaks and recalls- I had flash backs to the AMF days and RAN :)

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

1Jeep, any update for us.  Been more than a week.  Inquiring minds want to know.......

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

I went down to the dealership last night and met with the service manager and the owner, i have the name of the rep and i am giving them till monday morning to get me an answer as to what is wrong. So far they have nothing and have only done what appears to me as basic tests. I was told there wasa  compression and leak down test done and showed nothing. Then apparently the rep wants it to be riden and a download of the computer sent to HD...i feel there is a load of bs in there somewhere.

Either way i am stuck waiting, it does however really tick me off that once again in the conversation me doing my own oil change came up again. The owner even commented about how people spend this kind of money and expect too much from these bikes....uh yeah why shouldnt i expect a touring bike to make a 1500 mile trip without issues.

Bottom line, the bike has been at the dealer for a week and i have no answer as to what the problem is or what they are going to do too resolve it.

Went through the same hell on my 2006. My reply was "I wanted a bike I could at least ride"   Jacka$$!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.