Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passenger comfort  (Read 872 times)

Sioux City Bob

Passenger comfort
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

I have an 08 SE Ultra.  My wife finds the passenger seat a little uncomfortable.  I have installed George Anderson's Tour Pak relocator that moves the Tour Pak back almost 2 inches giving her more room.  I have installed grab rails for her.  On long rides, of multiple days she finds that the back support from the Tour Pak mounted passenger back rest is not a good fit for her.

Has anyone found a different type of passenger back rest or an add on that works for this?  I have thought about trying several of those fold up seat deals designed for cars, but how to secure it while off the bike>

Our last bike was a Goldwing and she got used to very plush seating on long trips.

Bob Harris

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Passenger comfort
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »

On a 2010 SEUC they have a new lumbar control for the passenger. I know that is not much help on your 08.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Loud Couch Rider

• CVO1: 09 SEUC Silver/Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »

For our long trips (5k+) the most important comfort issue for my wife is the ability to move her feet to different positions.  We have the Kuryakyn extended/retractable footpegs bolted to the nonadjustable floorboard mounts on our 09 SEUC.  Going 400+ miles per day, will always test the tailbone.  But being able to move your feet to different locations really helps.  Just my two cents...  and we really miss the Road Zeppelin Air Seat we had on the '05. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:02:42 PM by Loud Couch Rider »
2009 CVO Ultra - SE A/C, Stock mufflers w/Fullsac 2", V&H Pw Duals, S.E. 4.0 10.5:1 Pistons, Head work by Rivas V-Twin, Cometic .030, Red Shift 657S Cams.  Dyno 120.7 HP, 125.6 TQ

The hardest part about doing nothing is knowing when you're through!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »

For our long trips (5k+) the most important comfort issue for my wife is the ability to move her feet to different positions.  ...

Bingo!
This was going to be my recommendation. The most important thing for comfort is the ability to move around. Think of it on an airplane. After sitting for awhile, you have to shift your weight around in those little seats. She needs the ability to stretch those legs.

artcarp121

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »

I'll 3rd that on the Kuryakyn adjustable passenger foot pegs. I've also installed George Anderson's tour pak relocator kit.Both made a world of difference with her just being able to move around a little more. Then she went out and bought her own bike.   :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.