Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deer cubed steak  (Read 1267 times)

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
Deer cubed steak
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »

How do others cook this ???
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Deer cubed steak
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:17 PM »

Kinda like this...not exact...

1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, 1 cup flour, ¼ cup oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes

Slice the cube steaks in bite size pieces. Sprinkle some garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
In a shallow bowl, combine the milk and beaten egg. Dip the cube steaks on the mixture and dredge into the resealable bag with flour.
Pour the oil on the skillet and brown the cube steaks on each side.
After the cube steaks are done, transfer them into a casserole dish.
In a sauce pan, combine the mushroom soup and chicken soup along with a cup of water. Pour the soup over the steaks.
Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place on a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook the cube steak for 45 minutes to one hour.  Serve with vegetables, rice or mashed potatoes.

Why? how you cook em?  :drink:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »

1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, 1 cup flour, ¼ cup oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes

Slice the cube steaks in bite size pieces. Sprinkle some garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
In a shallow bowl, combine the milk and beaten egg. Dip the cube steaks on the mixture and dredge into the resealable bag with flour.
In a sauce pan, combine the mushroom soup and chicken soup along with a cup of water. Pour the soup over the steaks.
Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place on a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook the cube steak for 45 minutes to one hour.  Serve with vegetables, rice or mashed potatoes.

That sounds good!!! Give me those some bisquits and gravy and I'm done. :burp: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »

Over the fire right after shooting em. :huepfenlol2:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »

I do something about the same, slightly different dip. The main thing I do that wasn't mentioned. Soak the meat in buttermilk overnite. Enjoy
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

twoasone

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »

Just fry some bacon, when done take it out , cook the venison in the rendered grease. DO NOT overcook it. If you do it will dry it out, you want just a touch of pink. It will cook fast, when you think it's done take it out because it probably is. Good luck.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »

I cook backstrap rare and fast or not at all if I have the good vino...and I forgot the buttahmilk soak on the cube steaks, deer or cow, they need it.   ;D

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »

the traditional way over here would be:

preheat stove to 480° F, put cubes (finger nail size) into a casserole, add about half as much mirepoix and about half as much Pancetta or preferably Alto Adige Speck minced the same size as the mirepoix, some butter, preferably marrowbone, pepper generously, some thyme, clove, laurel, tomato paste. The casserole should be about half filled with the mixture. Put casserole into stove (highest position), set temperture back to 360°F and stir every couple of minutes until all ingredients got a nice brown (not black!) colour on all sides. Put casserole to medium height and add 33/33/33 good Cognac, dry red wine and Madeira until meat/mirepoix is just about covered. Stir after about 30 min, add a shot of dry gin, some grated dark chocolate and pour some sour cream on top. Ready to be served after another 15-30 min according to how tender you like your meat. We would serve it with Spaetzle or Serviettenknoedel, easier alternative would be tagliatelle verde, red cabbage, chanterelles, croutons and cranberry jelly. Called "Hirschpfeffer" over here.

The buttermilk (or red wine or vinegar) treatment is only for old game I would not eat myself anyway but sell  ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:34:49 AM by kraut »
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

Now that's different.   

Thanks.  I'll try it.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »

I cook backstrap rare and fast or not at all if I have the good vino...and I forgot the buttahmilk soak on the cube steaks, deer or cow, they need it.   ;D

Miker is right on!! Backstrap & Tenderloin, slice against grain, throw in hot blackiron skillet for just a minute, still looks raw in center. Yum Yum. I use buttermik soak on lots of wild game,young or old.....not just roadkill. I have killed them in Aug, still have faint spots, they get buttermilk bath. Try some Teal or Woodduck after nite soak, you won't cook it any other way.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:01:20 AM by 2ksoftail »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »

Hot Bacon Grease!   The meat only cooks until the center is just starting to pink, Should be crispy brown/black on the outside and pink almost red inside. Season with salt, pepper, tobasco... Serve with fresh steamed vegetables, fried or mashed potatoes...   Maybe a little fresh steelhead, sturgeon or salmon as an appetizer with a columbia river or willamette valley wine? WOW makes me hungry just thinking about it.
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 25 queries.