Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decel Popping when Hot  (Read 832 times)

srigas

Decel Popping when Hot
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »

Got a map from Dynojet that works quite well except I get a big decel pop between 2700 and 2900 when I let off the throttle. This only happens when the bike has been ridden for 15 or 20 minutes. Up until then there is no popping in that rpm range. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? I can't seem to tune out the big bang. I have replaced exhaust gaskets and the efi carb gasket between carb and air cleaner back plate as well. Thanks for your thoughts.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Decel Popping when Hot
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »

If you are sure there are no exhaust leaks, then the bike may be running lean at the rpm that the popping occurs. The best way is to get it on a dyno and re-produce it and see what the AFR is at that time. If it happens when you are off the throttle completely, then you would richen up the mixture at 0% throttle and at whatever rpm the popping happens. I solved this problem this way on my 04 RK with a SERT.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »

The SERT has an Enleanment Table for this. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

srigas

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

Wish sometimes I had a SERT. I have a powercommander, but thinking seriously about the sert or TTS Mastertune. I just need to get the bike to a dyno, but haven't had the time. I was hoping to put a bandaide on it right now. I've richened up zero throttle cells and it doesn't help.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »

Wish sometimes I had a SERT. I have a powercommander, but thinking seriously about the sert or TTS Mastertune. I just need to get the bike to a dyno, but haven't had the time. I was hoping to put a bandaide on it right now. I've richened up zero throttle cells and it doesn't help.

With the PC, do as mjb suggested, and add a lil fuel at 0% and 10% TP at the RPM's you're getting it. Do a lil at a time and see if it helps. It should. Don't add too much fuel each time you try it. And modify as few cells as you can get away with. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.