Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio in Ultra Classic  (Read 2432 times)

Canman

Radio in Ultra Classic
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »

Wondering if someone can help me with my radio problem. It seems I was a bit over zelous with washing my bike the other day. Did I get some moisture in my radio contacts? When I turn on the bike The screen lights up but nothing else, no logo no picture on the screen Same thing with the radio, sound is fine and all the functions seem to work but I nothing comes on the screen, it remains blank but is lit up.   

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Radio in Ultra Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »

2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:56:57 AM »

Don't knock yourself down over it... it's a radio issue, not a water one.

There are tons of posts here talking about it... most here just convert to Sony deck when it happens and never worry about it again.

I'm on my third HD radio now... never again!

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »

Wondering if someone can help me with my radio problem. It seems I was a bit over zelous with washing my bike the other day. Did I get some moisture in my radio contacts? When I turn on the bike The screen lights up but nothing else, no logo no picture on the screen Same thing with the radio, sound is fine and all the functions seem to work but I nothing comes on the screen, it remains blank but is lit up.   

I had the same problem with my 06, it is a Radio issue not water.
They either need to re flash or replace it.

They tried to re flash mine.....didn't work so they just replaced the whole unit.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

jiml

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

there is an upgrade fro the faceplate connector the dealer should cover it under warranty if not the is a few posts on a place that can here

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »

I see this a lot in Cash registers displays that are LCD (people spray them down with cleaner) and what I think has happen is that the wafers of the display has water between them.  It takes a long time to dry it out on its own but in the HOT SUN I set mine out for two days and the display came back on its own.  This happen right after I got my bike 06 cuse.  I had another problem with the radio (NOT display related) and Harley gave me a new replacement radio and this one seem to be sealed a lot better than my old one but I am just real careful now when I wash it...

Good Luck,

bubba
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:09:25 PM by bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

brhulen

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary #1009
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTCI Jade Sun Glo Pearl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »

If it's still under warranty don't bother messing with it, take the bike to the dealer and let them install a new one.
Brett in AK

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.