Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: After Mod Heat temperatures  (Read 1326 times)

wglindsay

After Mod Heat temperatures
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »

Sitting here with an 09 SECU ready to start adding slip ons, new air cleaner, new headers (or remove cat), FI tuner and coating the header.  A number of posts have the heat temperatures before their mods, but I cannot find the after mods heat readings.  Please let us know what you did and the temps on the rigt side of the bike after all your mods.  Thanks for all the advice to date, and I expect the knowledge to continue to flow. :pepper:

Billy
2003 Road King Classic, Gun Metal Pearl
2009 CVO Ultra Classic, Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon

Three Bike Phil

Re: After Mod Heat temperatures
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:28:55 PM »

I had my 09 Ultra Dyno Tuned, Air cleaner, Screamin eagle slip on's, and oil cooler.  I live in Florida Bike ran at 265 f on hot days before mods and runs 340 f after mods. Just got back from trip to Harley Museum 3000 miles and when I stopped The temp. would be about 225 f.  I have a dip stick with temp gauge. The bad thing is the 6 extra HP and 15 ft lbs of toque dropped fuel mileage to 33 mpg at 75 mph.

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

Now that I finally got my McEwan gauge on the Green Bike working correctly (installed a 10 ohm resistor in series with the signal line), the McEwan gauge reads 205 degrees at cruise and 215 in city traffic with 95 degrees ambient.  IR thermometer at the thermocouple reads 195-200 degrees with the motorcycle on the jiffy stand with the engine running; 200 degrees on the McEwan gauge.  Very cool for a 117cid, but I've yet to see just how fast it will go.  Front end gets squirrelly at 120mph.  Simply put, it is plenty quick for me.  Very pleased with the Green Bike.  Just need to figure out how to stabilize the front end.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:36:36 AM »

Now that I finally got my McEwan gauge on the Green Bike working correctly (installed a 10 ohm resistor in series with the signal line), the McEwan gauge reads 205 degrees at cruise and 215 in city traffic with 95 degrees ambient.  IR thermometer at the thermocouple reads 195-200 degrees with the motorcycle on the jiffy stand with the engine running; 200 degrees on the McEwan gauge.  Very cool for a 117cid, but I've yet to see just how fast it will go.  Front end gets squirrelly at 120mph.  Simply put, it is plenty quick for me.  Very pleased with the Green Bike.  Just need to figure out how to stabilize the front end.

If you can get that front tire off the ground around 120 mph, I hear the wobble goes away...but that's just hearsay.

Christian

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 04:46:29 AM »

Sitting here with an 09 SECU ready to start adding slip ons, new air cleaner, new headers (or remove cat), FI tuner and coating the header.  A number of posts have the heat temperatures before their mods, but I cannot find the after mods heat readings.  Please let us know what you did and the temps on the rigt side of the bike after all your mods.  Thanks for all the advice to date, and I expect the knowledge to continue to flow. :pepper:

Billy

Hy Billy

On my CUSE4 I did the folowing mods: non cat header, Powercommander V with autotune, right muffler both sides (in germany there is a left muffler, which allows less flow than the right one), SE aircleaner.

Temperature before mods (90+ outside, hard riding): maximum 297

Temperatuer after mods (90+outside,hard riding): maximum 239

Cu
Chris

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »

If you can get that front tire off the ground around 120 mph, I hear the wobble goes away...but that's just hearsay.

I heard that hearsay too.  Haven't tried it.   :huepfenlol2:

Does fine at all speeds lower than 120mph tho'.  Good enough.  After all, it is a Bagger.   :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »

Just hearsay I guess.

Here's a 98" bagger that went 157 mph yesterday at Bonneville Salt Flats.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40723.0

Tman must not have heard about the front tire coming off the ground at 120 mph.

Congrats TR!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

wglindsay

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Thanks Chris.  I am looking for some of that 60 degree cooler results.  Billy
2003 Road King Classic, Gun Metal Pearl
2009 CVO Ultra Classic, Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.