Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ride Like a Pro West Coast...........  (Read 8681 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Ride Like a Pro West Coast...........
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »

Mark,

You may have a NorCal CVO group class.  Andy, me, HD-Dude, Moto Michael, and maybe Steve D.  How many do yoiu put in a class?

Erniezap,

The most I prefer to take is 6. I can take 8, but then it gets crowded and riders end up having to wait in line for an exercise. I prefer that you be riding instead of waiting because the more you practice, the better you will get. Besides, your not paying me to wait in line and watch others ride. If you can come up with 6 riders then you can get the group rate and drop the cost by $10.00 a head down to $140.00. The training bikes, of which I only have three right now, remain at $150.00.

Ever since the high school about doubled my lot rental fee, I've had to be real selective on dates. I don't have the luxury of renting out the lot three months in advance. It's also why I have not picked up that fourth training bike yet. So if your group is thinking of coming down, pick a couple of weekend dates and let me know. Then I will check with the school calendar to see if there is a conflict. Sometimes there are sports or other things going on at the school on Saturdays, so Sundays are always better. Holidays are good too as the school is usually closed.

If you guys decide to ride down I can hook you up with some nice local hotels.

Did you guys have a rough time frame in mind?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »

So far it's just talk, but we can work to get some dates for you.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »

Hey Mark.......they really need that course.  I'm not going to show them anything....well, maybe one thing. :nixweiss:         :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »

Hey Mark.......they really need that course.  I'm not going to show them anything....well, maybe one thing. :nixweiss:         :huepfenlol2:

Well don't just keep it to yourself unless it should be kept that way!

;)  :2vrolijk_21:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »

JC glad to hear how good the class is. As you know V has been talking about it for a while. I would love to take the it myself. I have a lot of cop motormen buddies that swear by it. Just another to do on a long list!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »

And just to make it harder, you'll probably show it to them going to the right.
Or I should say starting and going to the right.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »

I forgot to mention........there's a guarantee that goes with it.  You can go back within one year of the date that you take the training to take the training a second time, for FREE! :2vrolijk_21:

So the trick is......go take it the first time using one of his Kawaski Police bikes (that's what we did) then go back the second time on your bike.  It's a win....win situation :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I am jealous!!!  I knew as soon as you mentioned it to Terrie that night on the phone that you'd be taking it that class in no time!!  HA HA!  I wish the guys out here on the East Coast had the same option!  That would be the ticket!  It would be so much better on HIS bike the first time!  Either way, I'm taking the class.  Will just wrap the crash guard and take off the bags.  I signed up for class AGAIN and this may be the 2nd time that it's postponed due to hurricane weather.  Crossing my fingers!!!  Maybe Ike will cooperate... 

:2vrolijk_21:
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »

Well Hurricane Ike did not cooperate!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:47:10 AM »

Well Hurricane Ike did not cooperate!

I hate it when that happens.
Sometimes Mother Nature just doesn't want to cooperate with out plans. Funny how that works huh.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

Terrie hit a milestone in her riding experience today.  She was scraping the floorboards on her Dyna.  She was so excited about it......it was amusing.  I think that she feels like she's finally arrived! :huepfenlol2:

I guess she can thank Mark for that......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »

Terrie hit a milestone in her riding experience today.  She was scraping the floorboards on her Dyna.  She was so excited about it......it was amusing.  I think that she feels like she's finally arrived! :huepfenlol2:

I guess she can thank Mark for that......

Another satisfied customer!
I guess she's been practicing.....

Mark

lkarides

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »

Hi all,
I flew into LA (a few weeks ago) and used one of Mark's bikes for this class too.  I thought it was a great class and got alot from it.  I came home and got on my own bike and was able to do the same.  The one stunt I could not get (to this day) is the "at a stop U turn".  My head just doesn''t seem to think this old body can do that.  BUT, I will get it done.  I am going to wrap my engine guards and try again on my bike.  I WILL get this turn yet.  I feel really good about everything else.  Mark is a VERY good teacher and really helps you through the course.  I recommend this course to everyone no matter what your skill level is.  mark makes it look easy and is always positive in his methods.  By the way, mark is a very good host as well as gracious.
Thanks Mark!
Lou
2009 FLTR

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »

Hi all,
I flew into LA (a few weeks ago) and used one of Mark's bikes for this class too.  I thought it was a great class and got alot from it.  I came home and got on my own bike and was able to do the same.  The one stunt I could not get (to this day) is the "at a stop U turn".  My head just doesn''t seem to think this old body can do that.  BUT, I will get it done.  I am going to wrap my engine guards and try again on my bike.  I WILL get this turn yet.  I feel really good about everything else.  Mark is a VERY good teacher and really helps you through the course.  I recommend this course to everyone no matter what your skill level is.  mark makes it look easy and is always positive in his methods.  By the way, mark is a very good host as well as gracious.
Thanks Mark!
Lou

"And it looks like this"!   :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.