Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans Test Report!  (Read 5260 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans Test Report!
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »

I bought 2 pair of these Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans in Sept. Well, I wore them once and went down within the first hour of ever wearing them. The areas where there was armor worked very well. Problem is, there's not enough armor areas on them, and the area w/o the armor got torn up like a regular pair of jeans would, as you'd expect. I'm in touch with them right now to discuss a design offering even more protection, maybe extending the armor completely down to below the knees, or even the entire pants. We'll see if they'll accommodate it. I think he wants to see my pants to see where they failed. I'll let youze know if any changes are on the horizon as a result! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

dave29

• Full CVO Member
Re: Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans Test Report!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

I wear them however...i've never been down. Hopefully they will listen to your comments, look at your jeans  and make changes as necessary.
dave29

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »

The answer is Rokker Jeans, full length all around ankle to waist band protective liner...........they are expensive but you get what you paid for, sorry you found out the hard way Howie!

http://www.therokkercompany.com/08/index.htm

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

I bought 2 pair of these Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans in Sept. Well, I wore them once and went down within the first hour of ever wearing them.
Hoist! :coolblue:

First, glad you're OK, Hoist!   Very suspicious.    8)   You're saying that an experienced rider such as yourself went down after wearing these jeans for less than an hour?   Sounds like defective jeans to me! ! !    :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »

Check out web bike world's reviews on m/c jeans here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-clothing/Motorcycle-clothing.htm

They've tested these brands: Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans w/Kevlar  |  Duluth Fire Hose Loggers Pants  |  Cortech DSX Jeans vs. Carhartt Dungarees  |  SHIFT Lodown Jeans  |  Esquad Jeans  |  Alpinestars Ergo Painter Denim Pants  |  Alpinestars Street Cargo Pants  |  Maverick Polartec Flannel Lined Jeans  |  Draggin Jeans  |  Diamond Gusset Jeans

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »

I really like my Diamond Gusset jeans.  I can't find a better fit.  For some reason, they just feel really right!  They also add a level of warmth here in the North East in the cool fall weather.  Additional "armor" would be a good option that I would be interested in also.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »

I think he wants to see my pants to see where they failed. I'll let youze know if any changes are on the horizon as a result! ;)

I'm sure there is an underlying reason too  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »

I'm sure there is an underlying reason too  :2vrolijk_21:

As an act of goodwill they should at least replace the trousers after Howies unexpected field testing the product for them!

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.