Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mounting external Sirus / Xm  (Read 914 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Mounting external Sirus / Xm
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »

Trying to find best way to mount my Sirus radio so that it looks good. Any ideas. Where can i pick power from other than the cigarette outlet. Is there somewhere i can tie into under the fairing.

Can i buy a radio that has the Sirus or XM inside it already & just replace the radio. The HD XM module is toooooooo expensive for what it is... $500.00 is out rageous...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Mounting external Sirus / Xm
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »

Trying to find best way to mount my Sirus radio so that it looks good. Any ideas. Where can i pick power from other than the cigarette outlet. Is there somewhere i can tie into under the fairing.

Can i buy a radio that has the Sirus or XM inside it already & just replace the radio. The HD XM module is toooooooo expensive for what it is... $500.00 is out rageous...

If you are looking to replace the entire radio you might end up spending close to that amount by the time you get done getting something that will work with he handlebar controls and is waterproof. If you buy the XM module from a 20% off dealer it is $400 and it is a very simple install. Depends on how stock you want it to look and how easy you want to make it. Still not cheap, but IMHO it will be easier and cleaner in the long run than replacing the radio. Just my $.02

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.