Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heated Seat Info.  (Read 1736 times)

aduprey

• RIDE4FUN
Heated Seat Info.
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:12:03 AM »

I don't like my opional heated seat because of the height it put the passenger at. So I am looking to find someplace to add a heating pad to my std. seeg seat. I have the H.D. heated seat now and riding by myself is not always an option. I have even tried the new 2006 heated seat for the se ultra and it's still to high.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Heated Seat Info.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:15:09 PM »

They're expensive.  But you might look at the Corbin heated seat.  It didn't seem much thicker than the stock seat.  A bit longer in the back (required moving the tour pak to the rear mounting holes).  But I don't remember it being terribly much thicker.

FastFreddie

• 08 Ultra, 00 FLSTC, XR1000, 48E,01 Deuce
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »

aduprey. let me know if you want to sell you heated seat, It might just make mommy happy on those cold days.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:15:44 PM »

Would it be possible to take the cover off, then cut down the foam?
I'm not sure what the heating element is.

It sounds like a pain, but it's actually pretty simple. Once the cover is off, mark out the area you want to modify with a marker, then use a rotary sander to buzz off the foam to preferred shape.

Just a suggestion... It's works for standard seats.

Take Care,

Grover
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:22:08 PM by GROVER »

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 07:52:50 PM »

I wondered about the heated seat issue also, I know there are kits available to make your own heated clothing - could you use those to make a regular seat heated? I am thinking of a heated clothing setup as they say you cant do heated grips on the SEEG with internal wiring, my other consideration is a wrap around heated sleeve to put over the grips.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 08:17:20 PM »

I wondered about the heated seat issue also, I know there are kits available to make your own heated clothing - could you use those to make a regular seat heated? I am thinking of a heated clothing setup as they say you cant do heated grips on the SEEG with internal wiring, my other consideration is a wrap around heated sleeve to put over the grips.

ceej,

Congrats on the purchase of your scooter

The MoCo is offering a deal on Sun Ray Heated Seat and LED Indicator Lamp Part # 52130-05
You buy the seat from your local HD Dealer and the MoCo will pay the first $100 of Labor
The Promotion is called HD Promotion # 136 - Discuss it with your HD Dealer expires Jan. 31 2006

I have a heated seat and grips on my 06 CUSE nice, really nice

jeffj

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 07:05:28 AM »

Hi CEEJ, Now you say you know about kits to make our own heated clothing. Where do you get this information?  I also want a seat with heat that does not come that way from the factory.  If we can all make our own.... mmmmmm I am interested.  Re the SEEG internal wiring for the grips, I am not sure it can't be done, since the new 06s are coming that way, but I am on my forth set of grips on my bike in a year - all wired with about four inches of wires outside the handlebars. It is not as unsightly the fourth time as it was the first time.  THe reason I'm on the fourth set though is that the three first sets all burned out.  Covered under warranty and I love them, so I am only sharing, not complaining.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 10:07:20 AM »

Hi CEEJ, Now you say you know about kits to make our own heated clothing. Where do you get this information?

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »

check out this site - http://www.kustomkomfort.com/ I knew a few guys into BMW's that rigged up some nice cordova outfits with this kind of setup, allows you to do your own clothes and get what you want and fitting like you'd like and not real difficult. You would want a "vest" type of coverage of the heating element within the coat to keep the body core warm, the top of thighs would be nice and gloves. Though after riding a new snowmobile with the grips I really liked that also! I was told the grips wouldnt work because they would be to tight in the bars with internal wiring and could cause them to burn - yet they have them stock on the os CUSE what gives?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 05:12:29 PM »

This guy is selling some nice seats at great prices, This is the corbin rumble seat with flip up or down back seat or solo style - HEATED for $485 - list is like $900 on this thing, it says it would fit our years EG's but corbin makes one slightly different for the SE's??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4597481432&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I know the auctions over now but he didn't sell it so it should still be available, he also has a heated RK seat that looks nice (click on "Sellers Store"), Someone told me these might fit an EG any one know?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:18:40 PM »

Yep ceej, they'll fit.  The seat that Corbin designed for the SEEG had a slightly different nose to tank fit so they say.  I don't have one, but continue to consider them.  Got a Corbin on my Softtail and love it!   :-* spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 07:06:57 PM »

Found another home heated clothing link, still not the original one I was looking for but all the supplies, Thanks Spyglide, I am thinking about one of the corbins that guy has, at $485 not a bad plan maybe!

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HS&Category_Code=HC
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.