Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Towing a Trailer  (Read 2610 times)

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
Re: Towing a Trailer
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »

Our dealer just started carrying American Legend Trailers, they advised that when they had to go to bat with the moco on your behalf that you should remove the hitch.  I was in Clarksville, Tn and the owner of Appleton's pulls a Bushtec behind his.

Has anyone ever had any problems towing, it seems like they have no rating so they always sing the same song and dance.  You see a lot of them on the road. 

Always had my eye on a Bushtec but seems like I am not hearing good things since change of ownership.  Will probably go American Legend since local dealer carries them and will stand behind you with the moco.........
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »

a sidecar does not void the warranty on the 96" touring bikes

and it does not void the warranty on police bikes - so 103's should be fine

it "may" void the warranty on the 110's

the actual issue is that no factory oil cooler can mount with sidecar mounts present..... and 110's "require" a oil cooler.

personally id never go to even 103 without weld, plug, timken since a sidecar really does work it all pretty hard.

to

Ultra2010

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 02:24:02 AM »

Our dealer just started carrying American Legend Trailers, they advised that when they had to go to bat with the moco on your behalf that you should remove the hitch.  I was in Clarksville, Tn and the owner of Appleton's pulls a Bushtec behind his.

Has anyone ever had any problems towing, it seems like they have no rating so they always sing the same song and dance.  You see a lot of them on the road. 

Always had my eye on a Bushtec but seems like I am not hearing good things since change of ownership.  Will probably go American Legend since local dealer carries them and will stand behind you with the moco.........
I have NEVER had a single negative issue pulling my Bushtec.  Solo or 2 up, yes you won't be taking off like a corvette or stoping like a BMW but it's smooth as slik on the road, even in HIGH winds.   A/L is, in my poinion, an easier unit since you don't have to adjust the air on each and every different load.  Had a Bushtec since 89, mine's up for sale right now but I am getting fickle about selling it and may just have it repainted, again.  Cheaper to paint than replace.

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 08:08:54 AM »

After reading your post I called my dealer and he said "As slow as business is right now we could care less if you pull a trailer because we get paid for warranty, period". I pull an American Legend Sport and all I can say is ENJOY!

As for pulling it? I just got back from 2,500 miles of back road riding and I never knew my American Legend was there until I came to a stop and took off. One thing I will say is the American Legend is a nice size trailer and the owners Bob and Doug are great. They really stand behind their product. I looked at a Bushtec but the tires looked like bicycle tires and I have heard they are hard to find. The American Legend uses 480x12 hi speed tires that you can buy at Wal Mart if you need one.

As for taking off the hitch? Just ask them what's the difference if you pull a trailer or have a fat passenger? The trailer puts less weight on the back tire.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:17:00 AM by baddog652 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.