Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Bushtec Trailer Models  (Read 855 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
New Bushtec Trailer Models
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:02:58 PM »

Just saw on Bushtec's website.  A new trailer body style and a new trailer that's nothing but a big cooler.  Basically a tailgating party rig.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: New Bushtec Trailer Models
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »

That's funny.....and it has a cooler in front of the cooler......how cool is that  :nixweiss:    NOT
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

Just saw on Bushtec's website.  A new trailer body style and a new trailer that's nothing but a big cooler.  Basically a tailgating party rig.
Looks like somebody from Bushtec has attended one of our GTG's (wonder where they got that idea from)? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

Just saw on Bushtec's website.  A new trailer body style and a new trailer that's nothing but a big cooler.  Basically a tailgating party rig.

I'd hate to think about a panic stop with that cooler loaded with ice and drinks.
It would be a bad case of the tail wagging the dog!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »

I agree with you on that one Chip.I don't think that is to practical for a trailer on a motor cycle.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

Hey Twolanerider, The trailer cooler (in the body) is removable. It says it can be removed in seconds.
I think it's kind of dumb myself, but some people might have asked for it? The new trailer looks
different, and they have a picture of it on the website, with FULL fender skirts!
The "TAZMUN"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Hey Twolanerider, The trailer cooler (in the body) is removable. It says it can be removed in seconds.
I think it's kind of dumb myself, but some people might have asked for it? The new trailer looks
different, and they have a picture of it on the website, with FULL fender skirts!

I didn't read the description through to its end.  Did not realize that was a liner that fits inside a Roadstar trailer (I've got a Roadstar -- I'm not going to find out how much they cost -- I'm really not going to).

My first thought, however, was that it could get awfully heavy awfully fast.  If it's just a liner fitting inside a standard Roadstar trailer body that means it can't be drained in place either.  Wouldn't take much melted ice to quickly be significantly more weight than you wanted shifting every stop or start.  Would also likely be awkward and potentially damaging to the sidewalls of the trailer to lift out as even a partially filled unit.  Fun idea.  In what is likely to be real world application getting less and less intrigued the more I think about it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:16:14 PM by Twolanerider »

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »

I didn't read the description through to its end.  Did not realize that was a liner that fits inside a Roadstar trailer (I've got a Roadstar -- I'm not going to find out how much they cost -- I'm really not going to).

My first thought was, however, that it could get awfully heavy awfully fast.  If it's just a liner fitting inside a standard Roadstar trailer body that means it can't be drained in place either.  Wouldn't take much melted ice to quickly be significantly more weight than you wanted shifting every stop or start.  Would also likely be awkward and potentially damaging to the sidewalls of the trailer to lift out as as even a partially filled unit to drain.  Fun idea.  In what is likely to be real world application getting less and less intrigued the more I think about it.

Boy you are correct. If you need more cooler space, use the proven method,
 " drill holes in the right saddle bag"!
The "TAZMUN"

Ultra2010

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »

I looked at this one at the Bushtec location in Sturgis this year.  In "real life" I didn't care too much for it, and neither did the few other guys who were "kicking tires" that afternoon also.  But to each his/her own.  To me, my opinion only, the first thing I thought of was "Oh, a trailer for a Victory"

Sure took them a long time make it official to the public, wonder why? 

But I would bet it tracks like silk, just like all their other units.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.