Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone Try these?  (Read 4098 times)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Anyone Try these?
« on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:41 AM »

Click to Enlarge
1544 PERFORMANCE BAFFLES FOR 4 END CAP MUFFLERS

PERFORMANCE BAFFLES FOR 4" END CAP MUFFLERS
Performance Baffles designed to replace the baffles supplied in the 4" O.D. Screamin' Eagle End Cap Muffler kits. WAKE UP those engines with improved power and sound without the obnoxious crackle of straight pipes. Replacement hardware and Torx bit included in kits. Fits the following Part Nos. 64985-07, 64985-07A, 65259-00, 65467-05, 80463-06 and 80464-06. The O.E. BAffles on these mufflers may be retained with 3 spot welds. In order to remove the O.E. baffles these short spot welds must be removed by grinding, being very careful not to grind through the muffler shell and damaging the chrome finish. May need to order CRT-1, baffle removal tool separately. For off-road use only.

$57.95 

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Anyone Try these?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »

Click to Enlarge

Performance Baffles designed to replace the baffles supplied in the 4" O.D. Screamin' Eagle End Cap Muffler kits. WAKE UP those engines with improved power and sound without the obnoxious crackle of straight pipes. Replacement hardware and Torx bit included in kits. Fits the following Part Nos. 64985-07, 64985-07A, 65259-00, 65467-05, 80463-06 and 80464-06. The O.E. BAffles on these mufflers may be retained with 3 spot welds. In order to remove the O.E. baffles these short spot welds must be removed by grinding, being very careful not to grind through the muffler shell and damaging the chrome finish. May need to order CRT-1, baffle removal tool separately. For off-road use only.

$57.95 

Looks like a variation of the stock "reverse flow" baffles. IMHO not worth the time and money to install. I'll bet not much increase in power either.

BUT, if people like 'em, what the H.......run 'em!
HOGMIKE

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

Who makes them?     :nixweiss:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:08:59 AM »

Who makes them?     :nixweiss:

They're made by Cycle Shack.
http://www.cycle-shack.com/cycle/agora.cgi?cart_id=152175.17755*Kp2Fi7&product=PERFORMANCE%20BAFFLES

I was originally interested in them but if you notice they are designed with the lip of the end flange facing inward. Therefore there's no way to install them using a ss bolt and nut. They can only be installed using a rivet or a sheet metal screw since you can't access the inside of the baffle once the bolt is in place. I personally wanted to use a ss bolt, lock washer and nut.

I ended up going with Fullsac for this reason.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:26:24 AM »

Click to Enlarge

$57.95 

Doc, They aren't made for OEM CVO mufflers, They fit perfectly on Screamin Eagle 4in Touring mufflers, Ive installed several sets for some of my riding group, Like most Cycle Shack Baffles That indentation only shuts off a small portion of the tube, they are basically straight through. the baffles come with pop rivets so install is a breeze no grinding just a small drill to remove the heads on the factory rivets, sound is subjective but they sound as good as any to my old ears.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »

Cycle-Shack has a solid reputation for performance exhaust products. I wonder how these compare to Fullsac baffles?
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »

Cycle-Shack has a solid reputation for performance exhaust products. I wonder how these compare to Fullsac baffles?

I have a good chop saw and a welder in a few minutes you can cut the ends off a CVO OEM baffle and use Rush Baffle Tubes, or Fullsac or Rinehart to replace the center portion, and to my less then perfect hearing they all sound the same, I have done the same with cycle Shacks and they also sound great, on a basic stage 1 bike I doubt if the brand of straight through baffle makes a lick of difference.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »

Doc, They aren't made for OEM CVO mufflers, They fit perfectly on Screamin Eagle 4in Touring mufflers, Ive installed several sets for some of my riding group, Like most Cycle Shack Baffles That indentation only shuts off a small portion of the tube, they are basically straight through. the baffles come with pop rivets so install is a breeze no grinding just a small drill to remove the heads on the factory rivets, sound is subjective but they sound as good as any to my old ears.

I thought they were made to fit the CVO mufflers.  Thanks for the info.   Doc

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.