Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Newbie - 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO Street Glide - Diamond Black/Crimson Tag  (Read 7869 times)

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: Newbie - 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO Street Glide - Diamond Black/Crimson Tag
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »

+2 on the Freedom Shield - a mandatory change in my honest opinion - went with the 7" myself - I'm 5'10" - perfect.

You will love this bike.  I remain amazed at the nimbleness of the handling and love the ipod and cranking some tunes.  My bike is a twin to yours.  While my dealer told me to ride the stock bike as well, I did not listen.  My concern was the catalytic converter and the heat that is generated in order for HD to meet the emissions requirements of the government.  Therefore, I ordered the Fullsac head pipe, 1.75" baffles, and the TTS fuel map.  The bike sounds better, runs cooler, and you get the advantage of additional horsepower and torque.  Frankly, I cannot imagine riding the bike out of the box due to the heat generated by the motor.  My right leg still gets a little warm even with the mods.  Have considered the mid-frame heat deflectors but I just don't like the look of them.

The only other mod I made was to replace the factory windshield.  Found that I was getting buffeted at the eye level and helmet witht the factory shield.  Went with a Freedom Shields 7" in the dark gray.  I'm 5'11" and am happy with the change.

Enjoy and be safe.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »

Welcome from Oz - good for you with the purchase - The bretheran here will set you straight with what you need.

Hope you've a fat wallet...lol

Cheers
Glen

Depending on how far you want to go.  Most people don't go as far as I have however, the basic necessary mods aren't as much on the SESG as they were on previous models.  The expense of the Fullsac package (TTS tuner with canned map, baffles and X-pipe) is much less than when we had to buy a whole exhaust system, tuner, air cleaner and then pay for a dyno tune.  So that's the glass half full. ;D

Windvest is another option for windshield that many of the Nor Cal members have.  It has the recurved lip at the top as well.  I can't imagine riding anymore with a windshield that does not have the recurved lip.  My wife at 5'7" has the 6" dark tint....I'm 6'4" and I have the 8" dark tint and we're both very happy with them. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jcd520

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

My personal opinion just to put all this together in one short statement.-What everyone says above is all true.
More than likely you will end up wanting to change the headpipe for sure. Getting rid of the "cat " in my opinion is a must. If for no other reason , it is because in the summer for sure the bike will be unbearably hot, but also the bike will run much better and cooler. Because of this you will also need a different tuner. Their are a multitude of choices out there although I think from this forum you will see that the majority of us use the TTS. It uses the Delphi system already installed on your bike and a very good delivery system by the way. Most of the others bypass the delphi and use their own mapping system. Fullsac also sells the X pipe (catless) or you can remove yours from your stocker. Doesnt' really make that much difference unless you are going to do cams , heads and a bunch of really horsepower stuff. As for mufflers, again there are many choices all the way from using what came on your bike to aftermarket and very loud.. Fullsac has maps for every choice to use with the TTS tuner and Steve is very helpful . Congrats on your purchase---------you will love this bike -----and have fun spending!!!!!!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to this great site! You'll find plenty of advice to help you save tons of money and spend even more. I would suggest picking up the motorcycle armor paint protection kits for your bags and fairing (if available). They'll save you the anguish that comes from heel marks and most rock chips.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to this great site! You'll find plenty of advice to help you save tons of money and spend even more. I would suggest picking up the motorcycle armor paint protection kits for your bags and fairing (if available). They'll save you the anguish that comes from heel marks and most rock chips.

Where do you find the kits?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE

naptownharleyguy

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »

Wow thanks for all the killer information everyone.  Keep it coming! :)

So far, you have me convinced on the motorcycle armor (hopefully I can self install w/out it looking like a disaster....anyone know if they sell an entire kit for the Street Glide or do you have to piece it out?), the new windshield (now just to figure out if I go windvest or freedom shield) and I'm leaning the direction of doing some exhaust work once I've ridden the bike and figured out the right combination and if I feel it needs it. 

Any thoughts on passing lights?  A lot of guys seem to put them on.  Is there really a need

The chrome trim kit for the inner fairing looks pretty good too from what I've seen. 

I'm going to take the four point off of my road king that way I can use the luggage rack if I so choose (dealer is letting me keep both along with my adjustable rider seat).

Any other must haves?

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge, guys!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »

Wow thanks for all the killer information everyone.  Keep it coming! :)

So far, you have me convinced on the motorcycle armor (hopefully I can self install w/out it looking like a disaster....anyone know if they sell an entire kit for the Street Glide or do you have to piece it out?), the new windshield (now just to figure out if I go windvest or freedom shield) and I'm leaning the direction of doing some exhaust work once I've ridden the bike and figured out the right combination and if I feel it needs it. 

Any thoughts on passing lights?  A lot of guys seem to put them on.  Is there really a need
The chrome trim kit for the inner fairing looks pretty good too from what I've seen. 

I'm going to take the four point off of my road king that way I can use the luggage rack if I so choose (dealer is letting me keep both along with my adjustable rider seat).

Any other must haves?

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge, guys!

At my age, my night vision isn't what it once was.  A few years back...when I had my 04 SEEG, I was needing more light at night.  Then I saw Ernie's SEEG at night......man, what is that light, I've got to have it!  HID....pricey but well, well worth it.  One of the first mods to the SESG when I got it eighteen months ago.  With the HID, there isn't any need for the driving lights or anything that ruins the lines of the front of the SEG! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

CONGRATS!!!!

Do NOT forget to check out the vendor discount page - there're a lot of discounts just for CVO owners.

Most important of all - make it yours and no matter what mods you do/don't make - be proud of YOUR ride.

Sparky

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »

Welcome! I ran with the V&H slip on ovals. Johnny law gonna be cracking down. 4" black HD screen and the CVO rider back rest. I'm only 5'8 and had the 4" on the mistress 3 (08FLHX) and liked the smaller profile.

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

Welcome! I ran with the V&H slip on ovals. Johnny law gonna be cracking down. 4" black HD screen and the CVO rider back rest. I'm only 5'8 and had the 4" on the mistress 3 (08FLHX) and liked the smaller profile.

How is the wind buffeting on the 4 inch??

Im similar height and I find the stock one a little high but still get wind buffeting helmet , although I think some of it is coming from below , Have not got any wind deflectors on yet .

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

hey 88, I removed the visor from the lid and no issues....for me anyway. looks great on her though  :drink: :drink: I'll post pics when I get back home next week. I am going to add the triple tree chrome deflector.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:09:53 PM by OlDog »

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »

check out
kuryakyn part #5005 for driving lights. sharp
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.