Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Sapper Goes Down Under  (Read 2552 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Sapper Goes Down Under
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »

Thanks for the pics John. Congrats on the well deserved R&R with your wife  :drink:

Howie

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »

Great pictures....Thanks for your Service....get home SAFE!!!!

napalm
napalm

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 01:07:09 PM »

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and support!

Here are some more photos of the trip and some other general information.

I had a really great time in Australia.  I don't remember meeting a single person that was not courteous, pleasant and easy going.  As far as travel goes it was a great country to visit.  Sydney was expensive, but very much worth visiting.  Donna and I did the evening Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb which I really enjoyed.  This was a surprise for me that Donna set up.  Here is a photo of the bridge from one of the ferry rides.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »

I was hoping to figure out a way to go for a MC ride before I ever left, but was not sure that I wanted to endanger Donna by taking her on a ride in a country where they drive on a the wrong side of the road and I was unfamiliar and unpracticed with riding for almost a year.  I also could not intentionally part from my wife after not seeing her for so long and only having a short time together.  As it turned out I was a day late getting to Australia, which meant I would have one day longer at the end, in turn I was by myself for my last day, so I decided I could brave going it alone and went for the ride anyway.

Here's a picture of me visiting "The 3 Sisters" in the Blue Mountains.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »

Donna admires the view from our room in the Sydney Circular Quay Marriott.  Donna booked our room there off of Priceline and we managed to book the room for 3 nights for about $150 dollars a night.  When we inquired at the desk about extending for one more night because I would have to stay for one day longer because I was a day late getting in they said the room was going for $600 a night.  My girl sure is a bargain hunter!

Donna stands in the window sill admiring the Opera House in the distance.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »

a happy Sapper.... has real booze and a Cuban cigar! :drink:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »

Tasmania was beautiful.  The weather was pleasant in Hobart where we went on a tour of wineries and a brewery.  Many Australians told us that Tasmania was too rainy, but most residents of Hobart would tell us that that is only the case for portions of Tasmania and not Hobart.  In the photo you should be able to make out a satellite dish, which so happens was used to receive radio traffic for the lunar landings.  While our satellites in the US are facing away from the moon the ones in Australia are in alignment and vice-versa.  Apparently there is a movie called "dish" about the event, which depicts how when we made the first lunar landing the Aussies controlling the dish nearly missed the whole event because they were joking around. :nixweiss:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »

Sapper / John,

Great pictures!   :2vrolijk_21:  Thanks for sharing and your service.  Now keep your head down and come home

safe!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »

No kidding....    Tasmanian Devils!

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »

Thanks again everyone for all your blessings and hopes for a continued safe tour.  Me and the rest of my boys should be wrapping things up and heading home soon.  I hope that I have the chance to ride with many of you in the future after I get home.  I plan to use up much of my over-saved R&R to enjoy my life, my family and do some riding upon my return to the states.

Hopefully some of you can help me out, as I need to resolve what I'm going to do about my bike situation.  Keep an eye out for me on the Screamin Eagle Street Glide thread.

John
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.