Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Knockum Hill  (Read 1611 times)

REGGAB

Knockum Hill
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »

Just one picture today.  Here's one of my scooter in front of Knockum Hill BBQ in Herndon, KY.  Got a late start this morning due to rain.  As Murphy would have it, the bottom dropped out of the sky about five minutes after my automatic sprinklers went offline this morning.  As Scooterhair defines it, this was a "turd floatin' toad strangler" rain.  Lasted a good hour.  I was thinking I wasn't going anywhere today.  Anyway, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and I was about an hour behind planned schedule.  Had a great ride north.  Stopped in at Appleton's H-D in Clarksville, TN to use the latrine, which is about the only business that dealership will ever see from me, then headed straight to Knockum Hill BBQ.  Met Travelinshoes, his lovely bride and friends there for lunch.  I also picked up a half gallon of Burgoo and 2 pounds of pulled pork to take home.  Stef has been craving Knockum Hill BBQ since I took her there the weekend prior to her hip surgery in March.  Wasn't able to spend much time with Travelinshoes and others due to time constraints, but we had a good visit.  Left Knockum Hill and went back to Clarksville to get a haircut.  Bo's Barber Shop is the only place of which I know that can give a correct flat top.  Other than getting my hair buzzed off for basic training and Warrant Officer Candidate School, a flat top is the only haircut I've ever sported.  Anyway, finished that business and headed home.  Got here about an hour ago.  Great ride today.  370 miles round trip today.  I highly recommend Knockum Hill BBQ as a "ride to eat" stop.  Awesome road food, and very reasonably priced.

Henry

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Knockum Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »

Just one picture today.  Here's one of my scooter in front of Knockum Hill BBQ in Herndon, KY.  Got a late start this morning due to rain.  As Murphy would have it, the bottom dropped out of the sky about five minutes after my automatic sprinklers went offline this morning.  As Scooterhair defines it, this was a "turd floatin' toad strangler" rain.  Lasted a good hour.  I was thinking I wasn't going anywhere today.  Anyway, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and I was about an hour behind planned schedule.  Had a great ride north.  Stopped in at Appleton's H-D in Clarksville, TN to use the latrine, which is about the only business that dealership will ever see from me, then headed straight to Knockum Hill BBQ.  Met Travelinshoes, his lovely bride and friends there for lunch.  I also picked up a half gallon of Burgoo and 2 pounds of pulled pork to take home.  Stef has been craving Knockum Hill BBQ since I took her there the weekend prior to her hip surgery in March.  Wasn't able to spend much time with Travelinshoes and others due to time constraints, but we had a good visit.  Left Knockum Hill and went back to Clarksville to get a haircut.  Bo's Barber Shop is the only place of which I know that can give a correct flat top.  Other than getting my hair buzzed off for basic training and Warrant Officer Candidate School, a flat top is the only haircut I've ever sported.  Anyway, finished that business and headed home.  Got here about an hour ago.  Great ride today.  370 miles round trip today.  I highly recommend Knockum Hill BBQ as a "ride to eat" stop.  Awesome road food, and very reasonably priced.

Henry

Henry you forgot something. :(  :worthless:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »

Henry you forgot something. :(  :worthless:

Hey Bro........my ugly mug is ALL OVER this website.  Didn't see the point in trashing the place any further.   ;D

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »

Hey Bro........my ugly mug is ALL OVER this website.  Didn't see the point in trashing the place any further.   ;D
You are here for our entertainment, Henry.

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »

Yeah, yeah......I know.   :)  Search........you'll find me..........flat top and all.   ;D

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »

Yeah, yeah......I know.   :)  Search........you'll find me..........flat top and all.   ;D
Always love ya Bro

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »

OK guys stop posting on this thread now...every time I scan through I start to drool.  I long for some good BBQ...that is one type of food that they don't have here in Okinawa...Korean BBQ which is good too but its not brisket or pulled pork...uuuummmmmmmmm!!!!!

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 09:41:18 AM »

Is this entertaining?

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »

:puke:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »

Is this entertaining?

Hobo

That is one of my BETTER pictures actually.  ;D

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.