Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: paint match  (Read 2241 times)

jdr308

paint match
« on: March 11, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a paint formula or ppg number that would work to paint the new candy concord blue.??    any help would be greatly appreciated..

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
Re: paint match
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

Welcome to CVO. You may want to go to the "new member" post and introduce yourself.  There are plenty of guys here that have paint mods done in all kinds of colors. There are also a couple of members that are good quality painters. It seems paint codes are guarded secrets. Good luck. kb
kb

jdr308

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »

thanks kb.   I will be sure to do that.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:01:14 PM »

Gunslinger Custom paint in Colorado has done some Candy Concord paint work for me and it matches perfectly. Are you looking for codes to do the work yourself or do you need a painter?

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »

Gunslinger Custom paint in Colorado has done some Candy Concord paint work for me and it matches perfectly. Are you looking for codes to do the work yourself or do you need a painter?

I'm looking for a painter to touch up some spots on my Tequila Sunrise.  I'm in San Antonio, any help/suggestions?
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »

I think you may be able to buy a touch up kit from Harley. I bought one for my 08 CVO. It came with the base /candy color and clear coat. kb
kb

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »

The paint cods are protected and I'm told even the dealers cannot get them.  Just had some custom paint done on my '05 and the painter did an excellent job, but said that he couldn't get the codes from anyone...

jdr308

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »

thanks guys,   I ended up just tinting some paint to match.  I didnt know if anyone had a code for it.  But when I found out that it was a protected color I just ended up making paint to match..   

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 11:21:43 AM »

I think you may be able to buy a touch up kit from Harley. I bought one for my 08 CVO. It came with the base /candy color and clear coat. kb

No luck on any touch-up paint for the 2010's.  I may just take a chance at one of the suggested shops around the SA TX area unless there are some more definate recs.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

1 Orange Eagle

• 09 SERG
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »

You're on your own with the CVO's.  A good painter and healthy wallet will do it.  The stripe can be matched too, it's just a decal with clear coat.  I attached an image of how my lowers turned out...it can be done.
Have fun.

spepin

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »

A few years back, when I was doing a custom tail light delete on my '06 VRSCSE2, I was told that the CVO colors can be purchased at the dealer -- but only in touch-up quantities.  I ended up sending both my stock rear fender, as well as a new primered one to my painter in Oregon.  At the time, his company was JEIllusions, but he has changed the company name to Cutting Edge Illusions www.cuttingedgeillusions.com -- the original paint was particularly complicated, including a custom metal flake and portions of the paint ground down to bare aluminum for the appearance of silver.  He completely nailed it.  So, if you just need touch-up paint, see the dealer, but if you need something color matched, go to a quality painter.  BTW, the comment about having a healthy wallet is true -- the custom rear fender (with a custom graphic) ran me about $1,700 (including the bodywork required to fill in the existing tail light hole).  But, the result was definitely worth it!

Ultra2010

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

A few years back, when I was doing a custom tail light delete on my '06 VRSCSE2, I was told that the CVO colors can be purchased at the dealer -- but only in touch-up quantities.  I ended up sending both my stock rear fender, as well as a new primered one to my painter in Oregon.  At the time, his company was JEIllusions, but he has changed the company name to Cutting Edge Illusions www.cuttingedgeillusions.com -- the original paint was particularly complicated, including a custom metal flake and portions of the paint ground down to bare aluminum for the appearance of silver.  He completely nailed it.  So, if you just need touch-up paint, see the dealer, but if you need something color matched, go to a quality painter.  BTW, the comment about having a healthy wallet is true -- the custom rear fender (with a custom graphic) ran me about $1,700 (including the bodywork required to fill in the existing tail light hole).  But, the result was definitely worth it!

It is my humble opinion, which means nothing to anyone but me, that he is the best painter I have ever seen..........   If I pick up another FXSTC I'm gonna have him do his "Shift" paint on it........... this guy is in the dictionary under "talented"

Gutter Man

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

I hand made a custom chin spoiler out of aluminum and had a heck of a time trying to get a color match. I ended up sending it to Jeff and Gunslinger customs in Co. exact color match and reasonalby priced[/img]
Man who drive like hell bound to get there

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »

I appreciate all the suggestions  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.