Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm Sold on Bub 7s!  (Read 2372 times)

highwayking

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHTCUSE2 - Red
I'm Sold on Bub 7s!
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »

The weather was great Monday afternoon, so I had my first chance to ride awhile after installing my Bub 7 slip-ons.  In short, I'm very pleased with these pipes.  I have a 2007 CVO Ultra that I have ridden completely stock for two years.  Recently, I helped a friend of mine install a set of Samson Rolled Thunder on his 2009 Road King Classic.  I got the itch to buy some aftermarket pipes then.  His sounded good and looked great on his bike, but I wasn't sold on how they would look on my Ultra.  I did a lot of research on the Bubs and Rineharts.  Another riding buddy has a  Street Glide with the Rinehart Tru-dual system, but they are a little loud for me.  I got what I consider a good deal on the Bubs through Phat Performance Parts and they were shipped within a week.  The sound is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.  Quieter than the Rineharts and a little deeper in tone, and I can hear the stereo fine at cruising speed.  When a twist the throttle, she has a nice growl, but I can also ride through my neighborhood without the neighbors raising their eyebrows.  Lastly, I think the Bub 7s add to the looks of the bike.  They look great with the slash down to match the slant of the saddlebags and the billet end caps really have a quality appearance.  I would compare the sound to the Rush slip-ons with the 1.75 inch baffles that another friend has on his bike, but in my opinion, the Bubs outshine the Rushs lookswise.  If you are thinking about aftermarket exhausts that aren't excessively loud and look great, I would definitely recommend the Bub 7s. 

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
Re: I'm Sold on Bub 7s!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »

:worthless:

480Ruger

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »

Make that two of us.  I went with the TDX 3.5s to get rid of the CC.
03 FLSTFI
   95" stage 3
04 VRSCB
   PC-3
   Rhineharts
10 FLHTCUSE5
   Bub 7 TDX
   Zipper's MaxFlow
   Tmax

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 06:54:20 AM »

Here is what they look like in Arizona. lol

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

These are 4 inch BUB Stealth 7.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:21:34 PM by rbaker »

citruscvoguy

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Citrus
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »

Here is what they look like in Arizona. lol

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:
Pipes look great are  they stelths or just 7's. What other mod's non cat or stock header, a\c and tuner. Bought my citrus in Dec and waiting for the snow to melt up here in Canada.... Two more months...dam

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »

Yeah, are they the Bub 7, or the Bub 7 Stealth?  The regular Bub 7 is supposed to be 3.5 inch diameter while the Stealth is 4 inch diameter.  My wife's Rinehart TDs are a lot quiter than my V & H 2 into 1 and I don't want something a lot quieter than the Rineharts, just a little quieter.  I want the 4 inch pipe to fill the saddlebag cutout better but from what I have been reading, sounds like the Stealth pipes may be too quiet.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »

I just put on the Bub 7 Stealth mufflers. They sound great and look great as well. At 70 they are just perfect. And I love the look of the slash up. The low end sound is just right. Excellent choice over Rinehart too and they fit the header pipes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:28:02 PM by cvostu »

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »

I had the Bub 7 (3 1/2") on my 08.   About the same volume, but deeper, without the sharp bite or tinniness you get with the Rhineharts.  Sounded great, but too loud for me as I already suffer some hearing loss.  I was clued in when I set off a couple of car alarms.  Still not near as loud as a lot of pipes.  I guess the deep tone got the alarms going.  I have a set to sell if I ever get around to listing them.
Spada84
NoSofa!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »

Great looking pipes if they sound as good as they look you have a winner.  Ran Bubs on my hopped up EVO, loved the sound.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 01:49:20 PM »

I had the Bub 7 (3 1/2") on my 08.   About the same volume, but deeper, without the sharp bite or tinniness you get with the Rhineharts.  Sounded great, but too loud for me as I already suffer some hearing loss.  I was clued in when I set off a couple of car alarms.  Still not near as loud as a lot of pipes.  I guess the deep tone got the alarms going.  I have a set to sell if I ever get around to listing them.

PM sent
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »

I was out all day today amd my BSR even told me how good they sounded..I love em and wished I had got em sooner. They are painless and I might even notice some more torque, even in a high gear.

citruscvoguy

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Citrus
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 09:23:33 AM »

Just wondering if you put the Bub 7's on your 10 Orange crush, if so still stock headers and a\c or modified. Thanks

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.