Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HD garage door opener?  (Read 4988 times)

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
Re: HD garage door opener?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »

I have a call in to Flash2Pass to see if they have any ideas how to solve this problem seeing as how Harley will probably continue to use the HDLAN and CAN technology in their future bikes. If I hear anything I will post it here.
Thanks for all the help.
Bob

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

Just a thought....20+ years ago I used a regular garage door remote, a dropping resistor, a hot when on 12v source, and a little switch for a convenient way to open the garage door from my lawn tractor when I had a broken leg.....all because I lost the remote one week and found it, with the blades, the next week !!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »

i think i will carry my garage door opener in  my pocket :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 08:15:37 PM »

Sorry, I meant to post here earlier, but work got me too tied up to research.

The new bike has HDLAN, which means the switches for the lights no longer are directly wired to the headlight.  The switches are connected to the Body Control Module (BCM) via low voltage small wires.  The BCM itself controls power to the headlight, as well as the horn, starter and P&A circuits.  The BCM also replaces the function of the TSSM/TSM.  This, in effect, eliminates most of the relays on the new Softails for 2011.

As I understand the new bus, power is supplied to the low beam all of the time, except when starting.  There is a seperate wiring circuit controlled by the BCM that operates the high beam when the switch is set.  I would be very careful in wiring anything here, as I suspect the high beam circuit may be more sensitive to voltage drops/spikes, to protect the BCM.  I could be wrong, but thats my assumption.

In any case, if the relay for the opener is tripped by sensing voltage on or off, it should work.  IF, however, it senses a slight variation of low/high voltage, the relay of the operner device may not trigger.  Since the high beam circuit is either off or on, this could explain it not working.  If the opener is wired to low beam, it will never work, ecept when starting the bike, which turns off the low beam light.

I dont know if this helps or not.  I tried.

Dennis
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.