Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac exhaust question  (Read 2018 times)

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
Fullsac exhaust question
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »

I think I will be ordering a Fullsac X-pipe and TTS tuner, I have installed the 2.25 baffles on my 11 SESG but wish they were louder. I like the look of the stock muffler caps so I don't want to do slip-ons. I really liked the sound of the Rush 1.75s on my 09 SG.
Question is for anyone who had the Fullsac baffles (any size) installed first then did the X-pipe. Did the exhaust change, louder, at idle, while getting on it?

Thanks
Wayne

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Fullsac exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

The exhaust will get slightly louder after you go to a catless headpipe. Personally, even after that I still want them a bit louder. I am thinking of wrapping 1/2 the core with a piece of stainless to eliminate some baffles and create some additional straight pipe. That should bring the volume up some I hope. Just an idea......

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

I DID THE FULLSAC 1.75 first then went with the 2,25 x pipe b and tts tuner and download from steve
i like loud there x pipe is great  its louder but not that much  it could be a little louder but iam very happy with setup
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

Devil Dog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »

Just finished today my install of x-pipe B, 2" baffles and TTS Mastertune with Steve's map. Alot louder than stock, but just right to still hear the radio. Big seat of the pants difference. I like !!!!

Lou
Lou
USMC 77-81
"In GOD We Trust"

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »

I DID THE FULLSAC 1.75 first then went with the 2,25 x pipe b and tts tuner and download from steve
i like loud there x pipe is great  its louder but not that much  it could be a little louder but iam very happy with setup

Lotta bang for the $$$$$$$$

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »

I didn't do them in stages as you asked, but here is my opinion. I will say, I have had Thunderheaders on my last few bikes (loud), about 8 years worth. I was ready for a change, needed something a little less loud. The wife doesn't like it, she wants the TH back!! I only have about 4 hundred miles on my x pipe, 2.25 baffles and TTS tune, at this point. I have to say I am liking them more and more each day. In my opinion you need to go for it. The stock head pipe is so restricked it isn't even funny. I have 2 friends with stock 2011 103" bikes. Both added slip ons only, both are very unhappy with the outcome. I added what I discribed above and am happy, both wish thier bike sounded like mine. Worst case, you have a great head pipe and tuner. At that point you can go with different slip on's or wrap some of the baffles as discribed above. One thing I can say, your bike will run WAY better, get that CAT out, get a tune, your bike will run cooler, better all the way around. Here is my head pipe after about 150 miles, blue as HELL

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.