Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLSTSE after 5000 miles  (Read 1883 times)

RidgecrestCVO

FLSTSE after 5000 miles
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »

Just turned over 5000 miles on bone stock FLSTSE Convertible. ;D Bike is running fine and my wife and I are loving every minute of it. I have several mods planned for the near future. :bananarock: New seat, different back rest (maybe a Tour Pak), new windshield which is on order, V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius pipes soon to be on order, TTS which is on order and several other little things. My wife is with me on most rides with the longest one being about 500 miles. We want to find better seats because neither one of us care for the stock seats but we are getting use to them.  :( I'd like to get something for my wife to lean up against as the stock back rest isn't much of a rest (maybe the Tour PAC will do).  :) I do most of my riding with no front windshield as the buffering is just to much to tolerate. 7 Jurock on order at this time.  :orange: I'm not to happy about the cornering abilities  :nixweiss: as I drag my floor boards all the time and my wife is starting to get a little jumpy over it  :o but I'm hoping she'll get use to it. I really love to ride this bike and I can't wait for my next opportunity to do so, which should be tonight  a 150 mile round trip ride to the Antelope Valley Fair. :bananarock: Ride on everyone! :2vrolijk_21:

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: FLSTSE after 5000 miles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:12:33 AM »

just a lil heads up   the big radius 2-1  will not fit due to saddlebag interference 
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »

I ordered the Pro Pipe Chrome. That will fit but V & H says it can cause damage to the saddle bag from the heat. I think they just don't want any liability. I'll post results after I get them on. They should be here today or tomorrow.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

goldfar

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »

Just turned over 5000 miles on bone stock FLSTSE Convertible. ;D Bike is running fine and my wife and I are loving every minute of it. I have several mods planned for the near future. :bananarock: New seat, different back rest (maybe a Tour Pak), new windshield which is on order, V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius pipes soon to be on order, TTS which is on order and several other little things. My wife is with me on most rides with the longest one being about 500 miles. We want to find better seats because neither one of us care for the stock seats but we are getting use to them.  :( I'd like to get something for my wife to lean up against as the stock back rest isn't much of a rest (maybe the Tour PAC will do).  :) I do most of my riding with no front windshield as the buffering is just to much to tolerate. 7 Jurock on order at this time.  :orange: I'm not to happy about the cornering abilities  :nixweiss: as I drag my floor boards all the time and my wife is starting to get a little jumpy over it  :o but I'm hoping she'll get use to it. I really love to ride this bike and I can't wait for my next opportunity to do so, which should be tonight  a 150 mile round trip ride to the Antelope Valley Fair. :bananarock: Ride on everyone! :2vrolijk_21:

Yes, mine is in now for the 5K service and my thoughts about the bike are remarkably similar.

I did have the TTS tune done (by the local Wizard down the road) and what a difference that made!  Unleashed the bike's real power, it is MUCH faster now and just as important here in the South, it runs 30 degrees cooler.  As the Wiz told me, "you'll past everything except gas stations".  Even that was not bad, maybe 2 MPG less than stock.

The stock faring is a bad joke, I'm using a fatboy windshield, will try a 7 Jurock as soon as I can figure out what size to get.  Like yourself, my floorboards are ground down to 1 inch wide by now.

It is a great looking bike and so far, very relyable.  I guess that if I realy wanted to corner, I'd have bought a Ducati

Good luck with the next 5000 miles and beyond.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 02:16:40 AM »

I've got D&D 'Boarzilla' 2 into 1 pipes on mine. TTS Tuner should be in any day now. Get the Quiet Baffle if you get this setup. No joke. I'm not afraid of loud, and you don't want em any louder than this as it Roars! Sound is like nothing I've ever heard. Like a Porsche Race Car! You can really hear the stock cams loping! When you come off of throttle to shift, it's like a monster with it's tongue out growling, shaking it's head side to side! And don't worry about the upswept muffler. It clears the right saddlebag nicely. If your concerned about heat. A very thin heatshield would be easily made and attached to bottom right corner of bag. I went with a 21" windshield off of a '10 Heritage. Quick disconnects and all. Floorboard extensions, and Mustache bar by Kuryakyn. Racing Brakes by Lyndall. New Rear Metzler 880. Just went by 6200 miles. I'm headed for N'aawwlins in October :bananarock: U just gotta luv this Bike! Rock On!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:25:42 AM by 1Man »
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:23:16 AM »

I've got D&D 'Boarzilla' 2 into 1 pipes on mine. TTS Tuner should be in any day now. Get the Quiet Baffle if you get this setup. No joke. I'm not afraid of loud, and you don't want em any louder than this as it Roars! Sound is like nothing I've ever heard. Like a Porsche Race Car! You can really hear the stock cams loping! When you come off of throttle to shift, it's like a monster with it's tongue out growling, shaking it's head side to side! And don't worry about the upswept muffler. It clears the right saddlebag nicely. If your concerned about heat. A very thin heatshield would be easily made and attached to bottom right corner of bag. I went with a 21" windshield off of a '10 Heritage. Quick disconnects and all. Floorboard extensions, and Mustache bar by Kuryakyn. Racing Brakes by Lyndall. New Rear Metzler 880. Just went by 6200 miles. I'm headed for N'aawwlins in October :bananarock: U just gotta luv this Bike! Rock On!
:worthless:

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.