Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Been hearing stories of engine changes  (Read 3868 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Been hearing stories of engine changes
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »

Trust your doubts.  When it's all "I heard"s and "someone said" and "a source" what it usually is is hooey from a sales rep or some other jock at the dealership who really never know a damn thing other than water cooler gossip anyway.

Yeah Don but Willig G.'s pool guy says hooey is true!!

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

Here's what I've heard...next model year (2012), you will be able to sit down with your salesman and order a bike the way you want it; seat wheels, etc. and they will have it for you in 3 weeks.  I've heard this from more than one reliable source so we'll have to see.  It's long past time for this.  We spend an awful lot of money on these bikes and we should be able to order them and not be stuck with "one size fits all" features.  How many of us spend several hundred or more just to make the bike "fit us" better?
......Finally!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »

I think what this boils down to is that the days of "gouging" the customer and getting us to spend money on these bikes like there is no tomorrow may be over for a while...and in my estimation...a LONG while.  For too many years, we have been buying everything the MoCo puts out...no matter the price or how much we have to invest to "make the bike our own" (what a scam!).  In light of the economy, the only way some companies are going to stay solvent is to give their customers a better return on their shrinking dollar.  I think that Harley has ridden the wave about as long as they could...and perhaps just a little too long.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »

I think what this boils down to is that the days of "gouging" the customer and getting us to spend money on these bikes like there is no tomorrow may be over for a while...and in my estimation...a LONG while.  For too many years, we have been buying everything the MoCo puts out...no matter the price or how much we have to invest to "make the bike our own" (what a scam!).  In light of the economy, the only way some companies are going to stay solvent is to give their customers a better return on their shrinking dollar.  I think that Harley has ridden the wave about as long as they could...and perhaps just a little too long.

I agree, but so far I see nothing from Milwaukee indicating that they understand the situation.  Still seeing price inflation at a time when other prices are stagnant or dropping, including their own costs for parts and labor.  Still seeing reliance on expensive "upgrades", even if they are applied at the factory like with the Power Pac option, rather than just giving the customer excellent value standard.  In other words, I'm not seeing, and they aren't talking about, anything different.  When do they address the myriad quality and reliability issues, for instance?  Oh, that's right, they won't admit they have any issues, so how can they talk about how they're fixing them?

Harley has spent the last 20 years gouging the public, and just like with a cocaine junky it's hard to break the habit.  Now that they've beaten down the employee's and the local governments for handouts and give backs, I'm waiting to see some of that money used to improve the product and the customer service.  I'm not, however, holding my breath while I wait.  I may be slow, but I'm not totally ignorant.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »

I've stopped buying anything from Harley except certain maintenance items.  In the past, I couldn't walk out of a Harley Dealer without spending something (tee shirt, whatever).  Now, I still go in to browse and look at the bikes, but I always leave with my wallet intact.  Besides, I have a thing about not buying things made in China!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »

I've stopped buying anything from Harley except certain maintenance items.  In the past, I couldn't walk out of a Harley Dealer without spending something (tee shirt, whatever).  Now, I still go in to browse and look at the bikes, but I always leave with my wallet intact.  Besides, I have a thing about not buying things made in China!
I thought I was the only one that felt like that... I've even got to the point of not even going in and looking at the bikes. Problems w/the newer ones and happy with what I have have a lot to do with it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »

I hear you on going to the dealerships.  I love to stop and look and scan the clearance rack. It's my way of saying things are too expensive.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

scotr

• Scotr
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide CVO Spiced Rum
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »

I try not to buy anything harley. $35 for a t-shirt............ok I love the bike but it is expensive and i feel that is enough of my $. How much did i pay for my awesome CVO Harley shirt? I think it was $12. I look for anyrthing but hd when it comes to clothing.

Scotr
Life Is Good!
The Scotr,
Fullsac performance x pipe
Andrews 54 cams
Vance & Hines Basic slip ons
Hogtunes and upgraded speakers
XM listening pleasures
Screamin Eagle chrome shifter
Eagle Talon kickstand
Kuryakin 9182 license frame

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 08:08:34 AM »

Sounds like more of us are beginning to "wake up" to things.  I run into people everywhere I travel who feel the same way.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.