Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aftermarket speakers Hawg Wired, Hog Tunes, car speakers??????? Radio questions  (Read 2051 times)

screamineagleric

I am wanting to upgrade the speakers on my 04 Screamin eagle electra.  I was considering buying the Hawg Wired 4 in the face setup. 2 speakers in the upper fairing and 2 in the lower leg fairing.  The only problem with that is i cant see spending $1600.00 ++ for the set up.  (I mean is the setup really worth 1700 buck or does it just cost that much because it specifically setup for motorcycles???)))  I have not heard the Hawg wired stereo setup before, just videos on you tube.  Its a $1000.00 alone just for the amp which i think is a little over priced.  But am considering just buying them and calling it quits.  I also went up to the Car Tunes store down the street brought that bike up there and told him what i was looking for.  I told him about the Hawg Wired speaker set up and showed him on the internet.  He put together a comparable maybe a little better stereo system for the bike, 4 JL Audio speakers, and a new JL amp that puts out 400 watts.  Amp is 8.52 in.L x 7.09 in.W x 2.05 in.H So its not to big.....  Total price installed would be 1150$$.  The Hawg wired and hog tune sites say that car audio speakers do not sound as good on a bike because of the mid range capabilities on the car speaker are not strong enough to hear over the sound of the pipes and wind.  I was just wondering if anyone has installed quality car audio speaker on their bike and if the like them.  And if they have heard a bike with the 4 in your face setup from Hawg wired and how they sounded.  Just looking for some honest opinions and advice before i go spending 1700 bucks on a motorcycle stereo setup.

Thanks for the response

Ric from Michigan
screamineagleric@gmail.com

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:52:01 PM by screamineagleric »
2004 Screamin' Eagle Electra
2006 Road King
2000 Honda Valkyrie

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

I went with the Hog Tunes speakers, amp and HT Tweeter POD.  Excellent sound at a reasonable price.  No issues, plenty of volume without the distortion in the stock setup.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black

Thats crap about the speakers not being the same. a marine grade speaker is better, may last longer but not necessary. I have all aftermarket equpt in my SERG and I love it. make sure the radio you are using is marine grade unless you never wash your bike or ride it in the rain. there are a few adapters so you dont loose your bar controls.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member

a.k.a  Dent Dude

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member

i would buy adapters to go from a 5 1/4 to 6 1/2. when it comes to speakers bigger is usually better. Its really a challenge to get an amp with enough power behind the fairing. just make sure you are involved in the install. so you can go to plan B if that amp dosent fit.  :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.