Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pretty Excited  (Read 673 times)

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
Pretty Excited
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »

And bummed...
I recieved my Mastertune from Steve @ Fullsac (thanks) and a set of BCT header mount Thunder Baffles as well. I will be putting the BCT baffles into a set of head pipes from a catless '09 FXDF. I have "gutted" the stock slash cut mufflers from the 96"er to allow the BCTs to bark.
I am going to wait for the next service prior to installing this crop of goodies, and I will not be able to ride for a few weeks.
So, I have to wait.  :'(

Here's a general question:
I've read that the Heavy Breather - stock equipment on my FXDFSE - is a pretty good performing intake.
The element is reported to fail around 5k; other than that, are there recommendations or warnings?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:12:08 PM by Occam »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Pretty Excited
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

And bummed...
I recieved my Mastertune from Steve @ Fullsac (thanks) and a set of BCT header mount Thunder Baffles as well. I will be putting the BCT baffles into a set of head pipes from a catless '09 FXDF. I have "gutted" the stock slash cut mufflers from the 96"er to allow the BCTs to bark.
I am going to wait for the next service prior to installing this crop of goodies, and I will not be unable to ride for a few weeks.
So, I have to wait.  :'(

Here's a general question:
I've read that the Heavy Breather - stock equipment on my FXDFSE - is a pretty good performing intake.
The element is reported to fail around 5k; other than that, are there recommendations or warnings?

Excuse me?  Hadn't heard that one about the HB, just about the POS washable paper element in the old style SE air cleaner kit.  The HB has an oiled gauze element, which might even be a K&N. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
Re: Pretty Excited
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »

Excuse me?  Hadn't heard that one about the HB, just about the POS washable paper element in the old style SE air cleaner kit.  The HB has an oiled gauze element, which might even be a K&N. :nixweiss:

Jerry

Well THAT'S good news; perhaps I misremembericated.
I'm happy the industry's defacto company may make a replacement filter for my cleaner.
Thats great.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.