Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO 103 HOP UP KIT  (Read 2262 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: CVO 103 HOP UP KIT
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

Twolane, what setup are you going to end up with? I am looking for low and mid, and again I am willing to change exhaust, but do want to keep the noise down. Yes, that flag went up when he said that this package would work with stock exhaust. Thats why I'm typing. Thanx guys.

Far, I'm really not doing anything even close to dramatic.  This bike just needs to travel and I've (pretty much) outgrown the urge to do wheelies.  So it's just a stock 103.  

It has had the standard air cleaner and exhaust changes on it from almost day one.  I'll now do the gear drive swap to eliminate the all too common problem of the tensioners.  Just to make it more reliable.  I love that the new cams will add a small bit of performance and move that performance band down where I ride better.  But the performance gains are gravy.  The swap to gear drive is just making the engine as reliable now as Harley should have before they sold it to me.

While it's all apart it's hard to justify not also doing the better oil pump at the same time.  The lifters and whatever pushrod choice gets made are more iffy.  Even though rollers don't care what cam they are on and wouldn't have to be changed with the cam swap they are inexpensive enough it's hard to justify not doing them at the same time too.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »

Which cams are you going to use and where can that oil pump be found? I may just copycat you... :o

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 11:37:23 PM »

Which cams are you going to use and where can that oil pump be found? I may just copycat you... :o

I'm going to use the new cams that Zippers is preparing to release and were specifically designed for our 103s.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 11:38:43 PM by twolanerider »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »

what is the compress. on a
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.