Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entrepreneur or Fraud?  (Read 1037 times)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Entrepreneur or Fraud?
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »

Check out this link to an eBay posting. Is it entrepreneurship or is it fraud? Why would anyone of average intelligence do what this guy claims his friend is doing?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-Screamin-Eagle-Ultra-06-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-ULTRA-ATUMN-HAZE-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49996QQitemZ4636220770QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:12:50 PM by ezrider4 »
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Entrepreneur or Fraud?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:54:32 PM »

D@mn, I'm confused. [smiley=confused5.gif]  Here's the last Q&A:

Q: Want to make sure I understand you are selling just the parts not the bike? Why would you strip it and not sell it complete? thanks  
 May-01-06
  A: A FRIEND OF MINE NOT A VERY SMART ONE WANTED A 103CI MOTOR AND NEW BIKE WITH A SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY NOW THE STUPID PART HE PURCHASED ALL NEW TIN TOURPAK AND STRIPPED THE SCREAMIN EAGLE. HERE'S WHERE I COME IN I SAID I WOULD PURCHASE THEM FROM HIM AND BUILD ME A CLONE AND HERE WE ARE. I STILL HAVE 13 BIKES AND NO TIME TO TAKE THE PROJECT ON...HOPE THAT THIS CLEARS UP THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF MY FRIEND AND NOW ME...TOM  

He's selling all the tins, the leather tour-pak [highlight]and the motor[/highlight].  I guess I was OK up to the motor part.  I thought the friend wanted the 103?  Plus, he's still showing all the parts as installed from the factory on the SEUC.  A very confusing eBay ad to say the least.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »

Maybe they are just looking to have a good title for a custom of some sort.

There are other threads that indicate how tough it is to get these home built things insured etc.  In the meantime I'm going for a [smiley=drink.gif] and not worry about what some whack job is attempting on eBay.

Here's to ya [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:04:06 PM by Rjob749 »

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »

Maybe they are just looking to have a good title for a custom of some sort.

There are other threads that indicate how tough it is to get these home built things insured etc.  In the meantime I'm going for a [smiley=drink.gif] and not worry about what some whack job is attempting on eBay.

Here's to ya [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Amen to that brother!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

cigarmike

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »

Going thu his past deals...guy moves some bikes, he also buys some bikes..including the Haze in the auction, he paid over 33k for it. Has many good trader comments. He also says his friend backed out of wanting the 103 motor. Still, makes no sense to part this bike out.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »

Going thu his past deals...guy moves some bikes, he also buys some bikes..including the Haze in the auction, he paid over 33k for it. Has many good trader comments. He also says his friend backed out of wanting the 103 motor. Still, makes no sense to part this bike out.

Hey Mike,

There's the Autumn Haze painted parts that you wanted... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:36 PM »

On the surface, this would appear to be a total fraud. BUT, folks have checked out the guy and he has a history and it is good. Basically, it sounds like the same situation as what Beags got into with the Banana paint set he bought on the site. The owner wanted to build his own custom bagger. He wanted a 103 motor, Screamin Eagle clutch with hydraulic actuation etc and he wanted to be able to register the bike without hassle. Myself I would have started with an Electra Glide standard and worked my way up not down, but C'est la vie, C'est si bon  
Bottom line, if there is something here someone wants I'd say jump on it using all of the available e-bay precautionary measures.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 01:19:18 PM by SPIDERMAN »

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:17:08 PM »

he is not parting out the bike. there is no bike, just a picture of one.
thats why it all seems so confusing.
just parts, and engine with no starter, tranny, etc.
parts are definitely worth the dinero, just not to me.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 09:26:21 AM »

He must have sold it as he pulled the auction early.  Sure seemed like an odd deal.  My wife saw it the other day and told me.  I had to ask her, "You looking for ANOTHER Ultra?"  Not the right question I guess.

Its ok, the blood cleaned up pretty easily...

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.