Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radials or standard tire on SERK3  (Read 915 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Radials or standard tire on SERK3
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »

Do we have to replace the SERK3 with radials or has anyone tried standard tires?   Tired of humming noise on all 4 sets of tires Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Radials or standard tire on SERK3
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »

Do we have to replace the SERK3 with radials or has anyone tried standard tires?   Tired of humming noise on all 4 sets of tires Thanks Billy

As long as you replace both and don't mix them, and assuming you can find bias belted tires in the correct sizes and load ratings, I can't think of any reason why you couldn't use "standard" tires.  It's not like they changed anything in the suspension just for the radials.  Check some tire catalogs and see if anyone has the right sizes.  Seems to me that the last time this came up there weren't any decent alternatives, but that was at least a year or more ago and things do change.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: Radials or standard tire on SERK3
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »

Thanks Just wasn't sure what the radials do for me as most HD's don't use the radials     Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.