Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VTUNE Issue #2  (Read 1274 times)

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
VTUNE Issue #2
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »

Greetings, 
For Doc or Steve or any others in the know.  Go through the whole process and all is good however when I get to the end and I go to restore the AFR table by pushing the RPM button to select all then "set to original" it stays at 14.6.   I rest each individual cell as they were originally, loaded it up to the ECM and so far all seems well.  Here in concise form is my method.  Please anyone who sees a mistake holler back.

1. picked MT7 file and set up AFR and PE Mode.  Downloaded to ECM
2. opened DataMaster recorded vtune file 1 stopped recording, saved file, shut down bike.
3. opened VTune loaded current ECM MT7 file and VTune DM3 #1 file.  Generated new MT7 file.  Saved same.
4. downloaded new MT7 file to ECM
5. DataMaster record vtune file 2.  Stopped recording, saved file, shut down bike.
6. opened VTune loaded current ECM MT7 file and VTune DM3 #2 file.  Generated new MT7 file.  Saved same.
7. downloaded new MT7 File to ECM.
8. DataMaster record vtune file 3.  Stopped recording, saved file, shut down bike.
9. opened VTune loaded current ECM MT7 file and VTune DM3 #3 file.  Generated new MT7 file.  Saved same.
10. opened MasterTune selected last MT7 file, attempted to reset AFR table-NO GO.  Stayed at 14.6.  Changed manually and downloaded.  Seems to work-raining now.

Thats my methodology.  Seems to follow the directions but still no reset.   Any opinions on wether my changing the cells back manually worked?   Or worse could it screw stuff up?  Bike seemed to be running very well right before the rain came.

Sorry for the long question but very frustrating to an old fat guy like myself!  Thanks to any and all who choose to help.

Steve M  :drink:

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

Re: VTUNE Issue #2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 08:43:25 AM »

Greetings Again,

If no-one can speak to the process that I did how about the question of manually resetting the cells?  Would that mess up the vtune or more importantly the download itself?

Thanks,

Steve M

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »

Steve

check your email

-wiz

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:23:33 AM »

Thanks Dave

Steve M

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »

No worries, enjoy  :2vrolijk_21:

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »

?????????????????  :nixweiss:  What happened?  Problem solved?

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »

?????????????????  :nixweiss:  What happened?  Problem solved?

Sorry...  had to get Doc's permission before this could be posted.

I sent Steve this VTune guide to help him.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=49940.0

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »

RetSUBLDO,   :oops:

Sorry posted response to wiz vis personal email.  I was waiting to see if anyone had a response as to whether my process was done correct.  Only got a response from wiz so I was hoping for more just to have more info.

As to what happened..... never could get the air/fuel table to reset as described in the directions.  All my vtunes seemed to work well and I generated the final ECM program with the same outcome, no reset.  I manually reset the A/F, I was smart enough to have a copy to cheat from, and all seems well.  I rode 200 miles this weekend in 80 degree temperatures and the bike performed very well.   Don't know if it's my map or the very good base map I got from Steve George but all seems good.  I believe that it has some of my efforts in it as my milage seems to have improved a bit but I couldn't swear that to really be the case.

Still very curious as to why I cannot get the A/F table to reset though as I really wish to be sure that my vtunes are working so that I can go back and maybe try some other ideas.

Thanks for the responses,

Steve M   :drink: :drink:

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: THANKS!

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

A while back I answered a similar question on another forum with this…

>>You essentially have two maps. The one for your bike that you want to use.. we will call it "A" and the one you setup for your VTunes per Doc's instructions, we will call it "B". Name this map B.mt7 (or something similar) so you will know it is your VETune map. Flash B to your ECM.

Run your VTune data, generate your new VE map using B. It will be renamed B-001, flash B-001 in the bike. Make another VTune data run... use the B-001 and your data recording to generate B-002. Flash B-002 to the bike make another VTune data run, use the B-002 and the latest data run, generate B-003, flash B-003 into the bike. Make another run blend B-003 with latest data run and make B-004, flash B-004 to the bike, make another data run, generate B-005, flash B-005 to the bike.

When you are finished with all the data runs you want to do then take the last generated B-00X (highest number) and complete the blending instructions by Doc. You then copy the B-00X VE tables and paste them to map "A". Save map "A", flash map "A" to the ECM and enjoy.<<

This way you don’t have to use the “reset” value for anything… simply copy your VE’s from the last generated VE map and paste to  Steve’s map.  Sort of like going around your fist to get to your thumb but it works well.

lonewolf55

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »

Silly question, but you did highlight the whole afr table before pushing the reset to original button?

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »

Greetings and thanks to all for the responses.  For Lonewolf55 yes I did highlight all, still have no idea why it didn't work.   

Mr. Wizard, I like your approach.  Wouldn't what you are doing be kinda like what I did when I changed the A/F back to the original numbers manually?  That at least gives me some hope that my vtunes actually worked.

Thanks again to all,

Steve M

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 08:09:13 AM »

Greetings and thanks to all for the responses.  For Lonewolf55 yes I did highlight all, still have no idea why it didn't work.   

Mr. Wizard, I like your approach.  Wouldn't what you are doing be kinda like what I did when I changed the A/F back to the original numbers manually?  That at least gives me some hope that my vtunes actually worked.

Thanks again to all,

Steve M

Somewhat Steve...  The reason I use two maps is to make sure I don't make a silly mistake when I'm distracted by the phone or Wifey needs me for a honey-do real quick. Since there are several tables to change in the original map to setup the DataMaster VTune record data properly I simply find this way fool proof. Copy and paste one set of tables (VE's) back to my starter map, re-flash and ride. :)

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »

"Somewhat Steve...  The reason I use two maps is to make sure I don't make a silly mistake when I'm distracted by the phone or Wifey needs me for a honey-do real quick. Since there are several tables to change in the original map to setup the DataMaster VTune record data properly I simply find this way fool proof. Copy and paste one set of tables (VE's) back to my starter map, re-flash and ride. "

Dave,

Sounds like we did the same thing in a different way.  I am however much more excited by the way you do it simply because as you state it is much harder to make a mistake doing it your way.  You are so right about distractions.  It's amazing how many pop up while you are right in the middle of trying to program or do anything that requires undivided attention.

Thanks again you are truly a "Wiz".

Steve M

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.