Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4 days...4 days....4 days!!!  (Read 1524 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
4 days...4 days....4 days!!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »

Can't concentrate at all...last night my wife asked me what I wanted for dinner as I thumbed through the P&A catalogue... I responded "the Klockwerks 6.5 windshield!"

Not good!
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
Re: 4 days...4 days....4 days!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »

You got the new bike fever, huh? :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »

Tick, tock, tick, tock...... :evilgrin: :wiseguy:

Maybe I'll ride down there and talk to Jermaine or Palmer and see if they'll let me take it out on a ride for you. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »

Are you loosing sleep yet?  You will in the next couple of days. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Oh.....and after you get it.....when you get up in the middle of the night and go out to the garage to sneak another peak........................................we'll all know about that, too! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

You might want to do a searh on here about that Klockworks windshield.  It's kind of cool to look at but not real functional according to a lot of members (unless you're going in a straight line at the salt flats).  You may want to consider clearview, windvest or some of the other shields that have the curved lip on top. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

Tick, tock, tick, tock...... :evilgrin: :wiseguy:

Maybe I'll ride down there and talk to Jermaine or Palmer and see if they'll let me take it out on a ride for you. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Whenever I'm around Jermaine, I keep my hand firmly on my wallet  ;)  We've bought four bikes from those guys- great people!
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 07:32:06 AM »

Are you loosing sleep yet?  You will in the next couple of days. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Oh.....and after you get it.....when you get up in the middle of the night and go out to the garage to sneak another peak........................................we'll all know about that, too! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

You might want to do a searh on here about that Klockworks windshield.  It's kind of cool to look at but not real functional according to a lot of members (unless you're going in a straight line at the salt flats).  You may want to consider clearview, windvest or some of the other shields that have the curved lip on top. :nixweiss:

I just ordered one of these.  You do not think they work?  Do you think it is at least better than the stock one?
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:05 AM »

I just ordered one of these.  You do not think they work?  Do you think it is at least better than the stock one?

I've never owned one.  I have read the comments on this forum and have heard people's comments that have bought them......they switch to Windvest or Clearview or one of the other recurved windshields.  I think windvest and clearview are probably the most popular.

I did have a conversation with him about his windshield at the Drag Speacilties dealer show in Reno.  He said that he designed that windshield on the salt flats for straight ahead speed riding with the least amount of drag or wind resistance as the goal.......that if you're just general touring it may not be the ideal shield for you.  The general complaints are on the buffeting of the head at speeds......that it's fine around town.  Do a search on this forum.....you'll see the comments.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:10:14 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »

Thanks, I ride around town a lot but am trying to get it set up to ride to Sturgis, hopefully it will be OK.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

rcamp2009

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

Know exactly how you feel. This site will keep you busy til it gets here. Then cost you plenty after it does. I Love this site.
2019 FLHXSE
Ghost

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

Know exactly how you feel. This site will keep you busy til it gets here. Then cost you plenty after it does. I Love this site.

Kind of.........no, a lot different from the other sites, huh. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.