Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Dipstick  (Read 940 times)

jamescode3

• CVO1: 2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Oil Dipstick
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »

I currently have the LCD oil dipstick but it stopped working. Tried changing the battery with no luck. So after reading several threads on here about them I m not sure I want to invest another 130 bucks into something that is not going to last. But when I began looking for alternatives I really can find anything nice. The stock one is cheesy, its plastic. So can anyone suggest anything. I have a 2007 FLHTCUSE2.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: Oil Dipstick
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »

In the dash is the only way to go, replace the ambient air gauge, more accurate also.  Just does not match all that well but it works good.  Doc

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »

I currently have the LCD oil dipstick but it stopped working. Tried changing the battery with no luck. So after reading several threads on here about them I m not sure I want to invest another 130 bucks into something that is not going to last. But when I began looking for alternatives I really can find anything nice. The stock one is cheesy, its plastic. So can anyone suggest anything. I have a 2007 FLHTCUSE2.

I bot a lcd dipstick in 07 and the oil came up into the window and I couldn't read the numbers, I returned it a year or so later and got a new one (straight swap) . the first ones had a problem, try and take it back, whatcha got to lose  :nixweiss:

hope this helps you

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »

I had one until the battery went dead tried to install new battery and that didn't work. Guess I wore it out checkin it to much. Was going to buy another and the dealer didn't have one so bought the gauge much better and no more burnt fingers. :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.