Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TFI or Race Tuner ?  (Read 974 times)

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

TFI or Race Tuner ?
« on: April 18, 2006, 12:02:54 PM »

I am adding the following to my bike. SE A/C, V&H true duals, SE Mufflers. These are probably the only performance mods I will be doing. Will the Dobeck TFI be enough or do I need to go with the SERT? I'm not trying to cheap out here; I just think a SERT might be over doing it for these mods. I had a DFO on my '01 Ultra with a Stage II 95"" and it did fine.
 I also was told by my tech that the SERT is becoming an obsolete item even though the parts dept. is still selling them. Is the SERT going the way of the Screamin Eagle pipes? Is H-D going to stop selling them because of EPA? If they do, will they stop support of the product ?  [smiley=nervous.gif]
Hair of the Dog

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: TFI or Race Tuner ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »

If these are the only 2 choices you are going to give us SERT. The TFI is not even an option even with the few mods you have done.

Be Safe

THE DAWG  
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »

No, I'm not suggesting anything. I'm looking for options. These were the two mentioned to me. I'm just looking for the best solution, not necessarily the most expensive. I just didn't know if a SERT was overkill considering the minor changes. ;D
Hair of the Dog

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »

I am adding the following to my bike. SE A/C, V&H true duals, SE Mufflers. These are probably the only performance mods I will be doing. Will the Dobeck TFI be enough or do I need to go with the SERT? I'm not trying to cheap out here; I just think a SERT might be over doing it for these mods. I had a DFO on my '01 Ultra with a Stage II 95"" and it did fine.
 I also was told by my tech that the SERT is becoming an obsolete item even though the parts dept. is still selling them. Is the SERT going the way of the Screamin Eagle pipes? Is H-D going to stop selling them because of EPA? If they do, will they stop support of the product ?
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Jerry the making connections at the injectors is the reason why it is not an option. At least for me. You know my first choice is the Thunder Max. You will never out grow it and the driveability is unreal.

CLYDE do yourself a favor and call Zippers and try the Thunder Max. It is easy for you to put on, it will come premapped, and if you don't like it return it in 30 days for a full refund NO QUESTION ASKED! It really doesn't get any better.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.