Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone add the power lock kit to their SESG?  (Read 1945 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
Anyone add the power lock kit to their SESG?
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »

I am adding the KTP and the power lock kit seems like a pretty cool option, push the button on the fob and unlock all the bags including the KTP.

Anyone install this?

Wondering how difficult.

Mal-a-damnnearblewmyfingersoffiwithanM80!
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
Re: Anyone add the power lock kit to their SESG?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

Why would you do this to me?   :nixweiss:  Power lock kit?  Oh man you run with the big dogs.  Where do you buy these from?
 :jalapeno:
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »

You guys suck.... :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »

You guys suck.... :nixweiss:

Actually....................................$550 to unlock my saddle bag or tour pack sucks (especially considering the problems that I've read about with this system).  Think I'll be keeping that $550 in my pocket for something that makes a bit more substantial difference. :2vrolijk_21:       :) :) :)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »

Actually....................................$550 to unlock my saddle bag or tour pack sucks (especially considering the problems that I've read about with this system).  Think I'll be keeping that $550 in my pocket for something that makes a bit more substantial difference. :2vrolijk_21:       :) :) :)
I agree.... there is a lot of chrome (and other goodies) that would buy and less headache when something goes wrong w/that system. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »

I like the idea, but I have 2 problems....first--how much space does it take up in the bags and it does not work with the removable liners (when I decide to get them) and second--my TP is removable so that is another conenctor that I would have to install....but if I could get past those 2 it's another $550 I need to spend.... I didn't know the system had problems--how complicated can it be? HD can't make a remote lock either???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »

I like the idea, but I have 2 problems....first--how much space does it take up in the bags and it does not work with the removable liners (when I decide to get them) and second--my TP is removable so that is another conenctor that I would have to install....but if I could get past those 2 it's another $550 I need to spend.... I didn't know the system had problems--how complicated can it be? HD can't make a remote lock either???

;D   Why did you post that as a question?  H-D hasn't borrowed a single thing from the automotive world that they didn't screw up royally, and I can't see that record changing with the current "mismanagement" group in charge.

The range of the fob has been reported by more than a few as being anything from a few inches to a couple feet, definitely not the "3 rows over" average range of the auto versions.  This system also creates a need to carry another large key/fob in addition to the security fob (somehow the car guys combine it all in one smart key).  And for all this, you get to pay H-D $550 plus labor.  Or you could just take the small easily pocketed standard key and unlock the bags or T-P as required, no extra charge.  This one is a no brainer for me.  Spend the money on something useful, like a decent seat.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »

The good news is that then it will be $700 for everything, including the TP.  The bags alone are $550.  /sarcasm.

What a rip.....

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »

;D   Why did you post that as a question?  H-D hasn't borrowed a single thing from the automotive world that they didn't screw up royally, and I can't see that record changing with the current "mismanagement" group in charge.

The range of the fob has been reported by more than a few as being anything from a few inches to a couple feet, definitely not the "3 rows over" average range of the auto versions.  This system also creates a need to carry another large key/fob in addition to the security fob (somehow the car guys combine it all in one smart key).  And for all this, you get to pay H-D $550 plus labor.  Or you could just take the small easily pocketed standard key and unlock the bags or T-P as required, no extra charge.  This one is a no brainer for me.  Spend the money on something useful, like a decent seat.

Jerry

I didn't start this thread..it just got me thinking.....I'm not doing it......

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »

Having power locks on the Ultra and not on the Street Glide really makes me want them on the SESG...just sayin' that once you get used to something...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 25 queries.