Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dealership expierence  (Read 2250 times)

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
Re: Dealership expierence
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »

same problem on my 08'FLHRSE4 -- dealer took care of me.  When you think about it, the Dealer gets paid for all warranty work anyway, so why would he NOT fix it?  and then to risk bad publicity and a dissatisfied customer -- really doesn't make much sense.
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dealership expierence
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 07:05:04 PM »

same problem on my 08'FLHRSE4 -- dealer took care of me.  When you think about it, the Dealer gets paid for all warranty work anyway, so why would he NOT fix it?  and then to risk bad publicity and a dissatisfied customer -- really doesn't make much sense.

Actually, dealers don't automatically get paid for all warranty work they perform.  If they do something not specifically spelled out in the warranty policy of the MoCo, the claim doesn't get paid.  If they submit claims that require prior approval without first obtaining that approval, they don't get paid.  If they don't cross the t's and dot the i's, they don't get paid.  But I think I understand what you mean.  A good dealer will do the right thing for the customer regardless, and then worry about getting Harley to pay them once the customer is taken care of.  Unfortunately, those kinds of places seem to be very rare.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.