Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking for help and opinions  (Read 1921 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Looking for help and opinions
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »

I have not generally had a problem with this dealer although this is my first major issue that the teardown and 'put it back together' was "not the same" after it was done.  I like what I bought-that is all I want.  To be happy with the engine I had prior to being dismantled.  I had no problem with it (except the issues mentioned-it functioned ok even when it was "sick")  I just want it to funciton like it did-without the ticking and grinding. 
I did have half a thought that being female they were putting me off or I was not able to describe in their language what is not right (miscommunication).  I did state that "I cannot believe you cannot hear what I am talking about."  To me it is obvious and they gave me a few excuses that I was not satisfied with.  When my truck is broken I fix it until it is right.  Just fix it.  I have not heard from them today and will call by Monday if I have not heard from them.   
Make no mistake Lisa we've had numerous reports of the same nonsense. Nothing specific to gender or language. Good luck.

Howie

LISA

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »

I would ask them to clearly explain what they hope to learn by dynoing your bike.  Lacking convincing reasoning, I would consider not allowing them to put your bike on the dyno, as I believe there is little to learn in the way of diagnostics by doing so.  And, as Twolane stated, there is the potential of further damaging your motor.  If the dealer does not cooperate in your efforts to fully document your concerns and their actions, I would strongly consider going to another dealership.  You are not obligated in any way to stay with this seemingly reluctant dealer.  Your warranty is in force and must be honored by all dealers.

I did not feel it needed to be dyno'd, I was hoping to be there so the mechanic, myself, and whoever can all hear at the same time what noise it is I am talking about so we are on the same page.  Shop safety rules, etc.-I know I should not be back there for safety legal reasons and I was told the machine, fans, and bike (probably won't hear what I am talking about).  My next question-so why are your doing that?  I told them I would come up and ride it about 50 mile, then let the tech take it or we'll both go for a ride. . .that was not an option either.  My boyfriend was stating his friend had the tick and grind too and the grind was the ?push rods in the tubes?.  Meaning the tubes were not seated and the push rods were not aligned creating a grinding, then after Uke's fixed that for him they were abe to hear the ticking he was talking about.  Is it that hard to align the push rods/tubes?  I think his friend ultimately sold that bike for another one.

LISA

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »

And the saga continues. . . .
Got a call this evening.  The mechanic and the district rep road the bike "good and hot" and "can't find anything wrong with it."  I will be damned if I am the one who is going crazy   :bananarock:       

Time for an appt with another dealer. 

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »

I'm looking forward to a successful resolution to your problem. Good Luck and please keep us posted!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

LISA

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »

The saga continues. . . . .

Today I made it back to the dealer as someone was willing to ride with me.  I took the bike by myself first and noticed at the 48-50 miles of riding the vibration changed in the foot pegs, heard the noise starting, then went back.  I let the mechanic ride it solo after explaining the symptoms.  He had said it was a normal engine noise (we never rode together).  I am sure the engine enjoyed the temp of the day and it was being cooled adequately while in motion and it was not as bad as it had been on prior days (bad bike-you should act sick when you are at the doctor).   

End result-I give up.  Going to drive it till it breaks and then say "I told you so."  I was assured that something of this nature can be fixed after warranty expiration on a "good faith" measure.  I will hold them to it.  I also did contact headquarters and made a report. 

Good weather or not my Baby is coming home tomorrow as soon as I find a ride.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

Lisa, Bikes always seem to recover miraculously when at the doctor  ;D You can most assuredly toss out HD's good faith measure, however with your extended warranty, the most you will pay is your $50 copay when the time comes for repair. Be aware though, they will give you the "we don't know what the problem is, but we will tear the motor down to the point of failure and if everything is within specs, you will have to pay for the tear down" routine. Keep an eye out for a dealer that will treat you well. We are lucky out here in northern Ca. to have Jim, on this site as hd-dood, as our personal mechanic. Never a question of integrity and he lets us watch. Some members here travel 800 miles r/t to get work done on their bike. Good luck with your bike.

LISA

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »

Thanks trapperdog, racerdj, and all those who followed this thread.

Thanks for your helpful insight, opinions, and suggestions you have provided for help.  Greatly appreciated. 

Wow!  800 miles r/t.  That is a fantastic mechanic and a wonderful friend.  From IL I will not be making the trip anytime soon though. 

Happy Trails to all. 

On a side note-what is it with society that we seem to always rush?  While on my ride yesterday I cannot get out of my head a Jeep passing on the crest of a hill.  Had there been a time warp of a minute faster I would have witnessed a bagger being taken out head-on at the top of the hill.  I was doing more than the speed limit (just 5 over) and that still wasn't fast enough.  I imagine crashes would get uglier if cars flew.  Ride safe (and defensively). 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.