Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: What "Portable Lifts" will work with a SEEG?  (Read 4699 times)

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: What "Portable Lifts" that will work with a SE
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »

Wanted to let you guys know I called these guys at http://www.jsjacks.com.

jsjacks

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: What "Portable Lifts" will work with a SEEG?
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:23 PM »

We're new to this site, and want to comment on lifts. We're the guys who make the J & S lifts, and hate to disagree with Hubbard, but we have never been to Daytona, and our lifts have never had a 1500# capacity. They have a 2000# capacity. We have sold many lifts and have had 0 complaints about bolts bending. We use 1/2" grade 5 bolts, and they are extremely hard to bend. Our lifts are 100% guaranteed. The jack is designed to bend at the point of the bottle jack head when lifted past its potential of 2000#. This has only happened to two people out of the 1000's of jacks we have sold. One person jacked up his full size farm tractor front end to change tires. The lift did the job but bent the cross bridge that the bottle jack pushes on. The other was trying to jack up his cabin and bent it in the same place. (We replaced both the these items - free). There was no popping sounds or bent bolts anywhere. Our name and number are on all of our jacks in two places. I think Hubbard may not have had a J & S Jack, and if it was our lift, it should have been brought to our attention so corrective action could be taken. That's what a guarantee is for. This isn't a sales pitch. We just want to clarify some misinformation. Thanks for your time. Jim and Steve, J & S Jacks

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »

We're new to this site, and want to comment on lifts. We're the guys who make the J & S lifts, and hate to disagree with Hubbard, but we have never been to Daytona, and our lifts have never had a 1500# capacity. They have a 2000# capacity. We have sold many lifts and have had 0 complaints about bolts bending. We use 1/2" grade 5 bolts, and they are extremely hard to bend. Our lifts are 100% guaranteed. The jack is designed to bend at the point of the bottle jack head when lifted past its potential of 2000#. This has only happened to two people out of the 1000's of jacks we have sold. One person jacked up his full size farm tractor front end to change tires. The lift did the job but bent the cross bridge that the bottle jack pushes on. The other was trying to jack up his cabin and bent it in the same place. (We replaced both the these items - free). There was no popping sounds or bent bolts anywhere. Our name and number are on all of our jacks in two places. I think Hubbard may not have had a J & S Jack, and if it was our lift, it should have been brought to our attention so corrective action could be taken. That's what a guarantee is for. This isn't a sales pitch. We just want to clarify some misinformation. Thanks for your time. Jim and Steve, J & S Jacks

Glad to have you on this site! I bought one of your jacks from you in Denver in January. It's a great jack and real EZ to use. You have a winning product and I never miss a chance to show my riding friends how I can get up on the bike while it's on the jack. They can't believe the stability! I wouldn't trust my $33k bike to any other jack. Thanks for a great product!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 06:50:55 PM by SEULTRA »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

I just ordered a J&S Motorcycle Jack from their website:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2006, 08:55:23 PM »

JSJACKS,

Glad you made it to the site... Welcome :)

Since this is a CVO site I am wondering if you were able to get around to testing the other model of CVO's with your jack?  If so, were there any issues that we should know about?  If not are there any time tables to do this for the members?

I am very glad you are offering a discount to the members here of this site that is outstanding.   You should PM the admins and see about getting a formal area for your product and any questions that may come up.

Thanks,

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »

Well I spoke to both Jim & Steve, couldn't ask for any nicer guy's answered all my questions, I ordered the Jack hopefully it will be there when I get home from my road trip. I told them I was from the site and they gave me the 20% discount no problems. Thanks Guy's

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2006, 11:39:14 PM »

JSJACKS,

You should PM the admins and see about getting a formal area for your product and any questions that may come up.

-harry

Already there, http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1141225243
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2006, 01:01:34 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Jim and Steve,
  You could be right, and I could be wrong.  Won't be the first time, nor will it be the last!  However, I don't make a habit of puttin' out "misinformation."  Don't think it was the bolts that bent, it was the tubing.  I'll take pictures of my Jack when I return from Florida, and post them here.  If it's your Jack, it is, if it ain't, it ain't.  Whose ever Jack it is, it's a good Jack, or I would have trashed it when it failed.  That's why I opted to repair it.  Furthermore, as a Commercial Truck Dealer, and no rookie to what is warrantable, per say, I use whatever means are at my disposal, to skin whatever cat is in question.  In other words, if it's broke, and I think it's worth fixin', I fix it.  I don't wait for someone else to make these decisions for me.  I make them.  All manufacturers, you included, sometimes turn out a product that is somewhat inferior to its implied, or intended purpose.  I meant no disrespect to you, or your Company.  You can rest assured if HUBBARD's wrong, I will do my best to make it right.  I'm glad you are here, and look forward to your input.  Later--HUBBARD            
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »

That J&S jack looks amazing ... wished I came across it before I bought my Craftsman. I think I'll still get one after using this POS (steel) Craftsman. Did they make this thing for dirt bikes or what?!? I had to make a pair of ramps and also a block for my kickstand from some 1x8s I had lying around just to get this thing to fit under my bike. The Craftsman only goes down 5.5" off the ground at it's lowest point from the top of the rubber. I could've squeezed another .5" out of it if I ground out the U brackets a little where the bottle jack pin rests (why should I have to modify a brand-new jack?), but that STILL wouldn't have got it under the bike anyway ... trying to go any lower than that .5" and the bottom of the lift saddle would be dragging on the front casters. I hope whoever made this jack is back to flipping burgers instead of working in design, I guess I got exactly what I paid for my ninety bucks ... a POS. After my refresher course in carpentry, the jack did it's job, but I'm not happy about the stability either. It took me a few tries or so to find that happy spot where it finally picked the bike up evenly and the bike still teetered back/forth when I bounced (very gently) it. I wouldn't even think of trying to climb aboard my bike on THIS jack like the J&S video showed.

The moral of my story is to get the J&S jack after trying out the Craftsman for myself. The real pisser is I was even anal enough to put two coats of wax on this red and black piece of JUNK before I even used it! I would take it back if I hadn't already thrown away the box last week.  

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
Re: What "Portable Lifts" that will work with a SE
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2006, 07:49:32 AM »

Crawdaddy do you have to do any gyrations to get the lift under your Nanner ?

Sorry I missed this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.