Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HID Lights and Cardo Scala Rider  (Read 731 times)

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
HID Lights and Cardo Scala Rider
« on: September 09, 2010, 08:11:18 AM »

I'm still having trouble with my headsets trying to open a communication between the two all the time and I've tried setting it so voice activation is disabled but no luck.
  One bike has HID light (aftermarket) on it.  Could that affect the operation of the headsets?  We tried several things this last weekend and always after a few seconds they reconnect and I hear constant static in  both headsets.  Hitting the control button stops it for a few seconds but they reconnect pretty quickly even when set to disable voice connect.  Haven't had time to call the company yet during the day so I don't know what they'll say.  I've got another bike without the HID lights so I'll try that when I get time but it's pretty discouraging to not be able to use them when we travel and also not have enough time to keep checking what might be the cause.  Really wish I hadn't bought them but the wife said to do it :-\
  I've got a feeling I'm not going to be able to determine what the problem is until winter gets here and we aren't riding anymore.
Just thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with the HID lights and the headsets.
TIA,
Steve
Steve

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: HID Lights and Cardo Scala Rider
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:55:21 PM »

I have the Scala Teamset G2 and a buddy has the G4, we both have LED lighting an no problems. Call SCALA, they are very helpful. My original mic booms were to short for my fat head, I called and they sent me longer one at no charge. Also I failed to read the instructions at first and did not realize the units rely on background (ambient) noise to work, I was getting pissed when we tested them in the house without success, but with bike running they work great.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Re: HID Lights and Cardo Scala Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »

I'm going to call them as soon as I get time in the daytime.  Seems they work well for everyone but me.
Steve

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.