Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Added the Smart Siren II to the ConV  (Read 3362 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Added the Smart Siren II to the ConV
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:46 PM »

I just finished installing the Smart Siren II module to the Convertible for the paging function It's frustrating this is not standard on the CVO's but that's been covered many times before... Installation was a breeze once I figured out how to get access to the siren module (it sits behind the rear tire fender extension). One hard to reach bolt and a couple of clips and you can slide the fender extension up and over the rear tire to gain access to the module. Once the splash guard is out of the way you simply have to unplug the old siren module and plug in the new one and run the antenna wire. Be sure to disarm the siren first or you will set off the alarm. I knew this but purposefully unplugged the module to see if it would go off and sure enough it does. Much to my chagrin moments earlier I went in the house to get a warmer jacket and of course that's where my keys were. The wife looked at me and shook her head as I ran into the house with the wailing siren in my pocket, grabbed my keys and ran out. I had to plug the siren back in, disarm the alarm, pull the battery ground before I could pull it. I knew this going in (except for the keys in the house bit) and I was just messing around a bit but that sucker is loud.

I ran a plastic sleeve over the antenna wire instead of using the Velcro supplied with the kit and zip tied it off. Test with the pager module worked great but I did not test the range as it was getting late. The only thing left to do was get that one bolt back in that holds the bottom of the splash guard. I could not get my hands in the tight space with enough leverage to get it started. I can get a socket wrench in there but again can't seem to get a bite on the threads. An air driven tool would have done the trick but I don't have one so I left it for tomorrow.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Added the Smart Siren II to the ConV
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »

Way to go Mike... another new install on the ConV. I'll bet you are the first to do this.

I don't know if you would remember this but when the PCIII came out for a softail it was to be mounted in the same void behind the mud cover. Tight, tight... When installing electrical stuff back there you have to take extra precautions. The swing arm doesn't remain on a hinge and turn, it moves front and back too on a softail. I know guys that have put a LED light module back there just to have it crushed by the swing arm hinge. This would be the area on the front side of the mud guard.

Only real good way to get to those two bolts and remove the cover was to jack up the bike and let the rear tire drop down a little. This gave you a few extra inches to get your hands in there. The fun part is getting a bike jack under the ConV as it is very close to the ground but if you ride her up on two 2x4's it will give you clearance to push the jack under. Those two bolts go into slip nuts or U shape bent metal tabs. Grab a shorty screwdriver and make sure of the alignment before starting that unruly bolt with your fingers... you can do it.   :2vrolijk_21:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:40:16 PM »

Well I finally got that bolt in. Yep bolt, not bolts. It seems the ConV has some surprises for us. Instead of the usual 2 bolts into the metal clips it has a single bolt in the center that screws right into the frame. Because of that I was really concerned about cross threading it. In the end I was able to get it in and it's all back together. The remote pager works great and it's so small you barely notice it on your belt.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »

Now if I could just find my instructions for programming the remote pager.  :(
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »

Now if I could just find my instructions for programming the remote pager.  :(
1Man,
Attached is a PDF of the instructions. I hope that helps.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 02:25:56 AM »

Ty sir,
Except I have instructions for mounting the Siren II. I need instructions for syncing the remote pager that clips on your belt to it.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »

Sorry 1Man. You'll probably have to order it. I looked at mine. It's a tiny black book. The part number is 99964-06. Good luck.
RC
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »

Kinda like setting a watch I think.  :D Just keep hitting buttons till it works!  :-\ Now that I think about it,  ??? Sorta like making Gasoline too!  :orange: Now that's funny! I think I'll go see my favorite parts guy at HD and get him to break into a package for the instructions. I can get it to turn on/off, switch from alarm/silent mode. But for the life of me can't remember how to get it in the mode where the lights sequintially blink then you gotta turn the ignition either on or off. <----- Scratching head.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

Encoding the Pager Receiver:

For 2006 and earlier -

1. Turn pager OFF.

2. Press and hold the button - With the FOB type pager, it's the D button in the middle. On the Belt version, it's that side button. You will see the lights, and it will vibrate. Continue to hold button until the lights start rotating in sequence.

3. Press the Security Sytem FOB once to arm the system. Wait a few seconds. If successful, the pager will beep 4 times.

4.  To confirm, arm and disarm a couple of times waiting 15 seconds between attempts. If not, try these steps again.

For 2007 and newer -

1. Put bike ignition on OFF.

2. Turn pager OFF.

3. Press and hold the button - With the FOB type pager, it's the D button in the middle. On the Belt version, it's that side button. You will see the lights, and it will vibrate. Continue to hold button until the lights start rotating in sequence.

4. Quickly (within 5 seconds) turn the ignition switch to ON, then back OFF. Wait a few seconds. If successful, the pager will beep 4 times.

5.  To confirm, arm and disarm a couple of times waiting 15 seconds betweeb attempts. If not, try these steps again.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:38:21 AM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

TY very much  :2vrolijk_21: All installed, sync'd, and working fine! Piece of cake.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:23:52 AM by 1Man »

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.