Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do NOT install a CB on 2011 Street Glide! (YET)  (Read 2759 times)

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
Do NOT install a CB on 2011 Street Glide! (YET)
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »

Just to keep this at the top of the list for anyone that wants to install a CB.  THe harness is not right and Harley doesnt know what to do about it right now. 
Harley recommends the 70169-06 but now the iPod doesnt work or charge.  I am taking my bike back into the dealer to get the original harness back on.  I keep wondering that if a Ultra or Road Glide Ultra harness that is designed to work with the CB and iPod is the way to go.  But until they get this figured out, I guess I will not have the CB.
Any help from anyone on this is appreciated.   :soapbox: :-[
2011 Black Diamond/Crimson FLXSE2
Allen, Texas

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Do NOT install a CB on 2011 Street Glide! (YET)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »

NT, what a bummer.  HD's installation instructions for the Ipod interface module kit were wrong in at least one respect (pin-outs 19 and 31 were reversed), and perhaps (more likely certainly) they have other errors as well. 

If you care to, take a look at the wiring diagram for the FLTRUSE (because it has the CB and Ipod from the factory; the FLHTCUSE6 doesn't have the Ipod interface) and consider replicating the relevant portions of the FLTRUSE wiring on your FLHXSE2.  The wiring diagrams are in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=53364.0

Comparing the wiring diagram for the FLTRUSE caused me to notice the difference with the Ipod kit instructions re pinouts 19 and 31.  I'm not a tech and my experience with replicating wiring on one model to another model is limited to retrofitting the HK radio in my '04 EG and addding the Boom Audio Music Intercom kit, p/n 77108-09, and CB on that bike even though HD's fitment information says it's for '07 and newer bikes.

Carl     

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Am taking it back to the dealer this afternoon to see if they can figure anything out.  Probably will just have them install the factory harness until they get a harness that will work without re-splicing wiring etc.
 :oops:
Allen, Texas

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »

NT, curiousity got to me so I looked again at the FLHXSE2 fairing harness and it doesn't have the 6A/B connector (audio harness) that is one of the connectors used on the 70169-06 non-Ultra overlay harness when adding CB, rider headset connector, etc.  So the obvious question is what's used in place of the 6A/B connector on the FLHXSE2?

Hope you will follow-up with HD's answer to your installation problem.

Carl

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »

Harley right now says it doesnt have an answer.  Don't know when they will have an answer of if or when they will be working on it.
I will continue to get someone to call them and complain to my local Dealer.  For now I will do without the CB until they get it figured out.
Allen, Texas

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.