Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motor Officer down  (Read 2167 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Motor Officer down
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »

This is about 5 blocks from my house. Met the moto-cop one time at dealership, decent guy and loved H-D's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREMONT, Calif. -- Police identified the suspect Tuesday who allegedly struck a Fremont police officer with a stolen van on Monday morning.Alexander Diaz, 36, who lives in the Los Angeles area, is suspected of ramming Officer Patrick Brower, 43, a 10-year veteran of the police force. Brower was recovering at a local hospital with a broken left leg, police said Tuesday.

Diaz, a parolee, was still at large Tuesday afternoon and should be considered extremely dangerous, police said. A no-bail warrant has been issued for his arrest for attempted murder, police Detective Bill Veteran said. Monday's incident began at about 10:35 a.m. when police received a report that a delivery van had been stolen from Lippert Avenue after the van's driver left the vehicle unattended to make a delivery. At 10:48 a.m., Brower spotted the stolen vehicle leaving the Warm Springs Plaza Shopping Center and turning onto Warm Springs Boulevard.

Brower had stopped in the center divider, and the suspect, believed to be Diaz, accelerated and struck him with the van, police said. Brower was pinned under the motorcycle and was dragged by the van across two traffic lanes before it struck a metal streetlight. The driver got out of the van and ran into an industrial complex.

Diaz was described as a Hispanic man who is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 165 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue or black baseball hat, a red sweatshirt and blue jeans. At about 5:30 p.m. Monday, Fremont police detained a man on a BART train in Hayward in connection with the investigation. The man was questioned and later released, Veteran said this afternoon.

Veteran he could not specify what the connection was between that person and the attack on the officer since the investigation is ongoing.He said it is not known whether Diaz was still in the Bay Area or fled the region. "We're looking all over for him," he said.

Meanwhile, Brower is recovering at a the hospital after undergoing extensive reconstructive surgery to his leg and foot. The officer, who is married with three sons, is expected to be released from the hospital later this week, Veteran said.

Anyone with information about the case was urged to contact Fremont police at (510) 790-6900.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Motor Officer down
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »

Pic
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:15:11 AM »

Attempted murder on a cop  :nixweiss:  he's done once they find his stupid #SS, I hope the patrolman survives 100% !

Ultra2010

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:06:49 AM »

Parolee........ there should be no such thing! Lucky for the bad guy he's in California,  they'll give him cookies and milk, cable TV, College classes, driving lessons and let him out in no time.....  (sorry if I've offended anyone in California, it ain't no better up here in Washington... I'm just venting)

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:35:55 AM »

Never should have been let out the last time...hope they "disappear" his sorry _$$
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:05 AM »

Fry him, if they catch him alive.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Motor Officer down (SCUMBAG IN CUSTODY)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

Caught him down in LA !  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21: What a piece of chit this guy is.
FREMONT, Calif. -- A suspect wanted for running down a Fremont motorcycle officer with a stolen van was arrested early Wednesday in East Los Angeles, according to a Fremont police department spokesman.

Authorities said Alexander Diaz, 36, was taken into custody around 5 a.m.

Fremont Police Sgt. Jeff Swadener said a team of Fremont police officers had been sent down to Los Angeles on Tuesday after a receiving a tip.

“A team of our detectives had gone to LA based on information they had that he (Diaz) had associates down there and frequented some residences down there,” Swadener said. “Yesterday afternoon we received information from a citizen who claimed that he had been contacted by the suspect.”

“The suspect had requested a cab be called for him. That cab dropped him off in an area of San Jose near a bus terminal. At that point it appears he boarded a bus and went to Southern California.”

Fremont and Los Angeles police officers began an overnight undercover surveillance operation of at least one home.

“At about 3:30 a.m. this morning he was seen entering a home that was under surveillance,” Swadener said. “They continued to sit on the house and took him into custody at around 5 a.m.”

Swadener said Diaz was taken into custody without incident and was unarmed. He was being held in Los Angeles County jail. Fremont police detectives were assisted by Los Angeles police, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the state Department of Justice and Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, and the U.S. Marshal's Office. Diaz, 36, who lives in the Los Angeles area, is suspected of ramming Officer Patrick Brower, 43, a 10-year veteran of the police force. Authorities said the only reason Diaz had traveled to the Bay Area was specifically to steal a van.Diaz, a parolee, was the subject of a statewide search and was being held on a no-bail for attempted murder, police Detective Bill Veteran said

Brower was recovering at a local hospital with a broken left leg, police said Tuesday.

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »

I hope they bury him
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »

Law enforcement and prison guard unions are the most powerful unions in CA. The injured officer will be very well represented and supported when Diaz goes to court. The perp won't be walking free and won't be coddled. He will also get a fair trial.

Californians do not like crime. We have the three-strikes law. We have the death penalty. We have the highest number of people who are under control of the penal system. (Doesn't seem to be enough of a deterrent.)

We have a lot of diversity requiring extra tolerance in certain areas. We also have people who take advantage of the democratic freedom of speech. Just because we agree with the right doesn't mean we all agree with the speech.

Don't let this type of negative incident deter you from visiting California. The positives by far outweigh the negatives. Lot of members willing to help guide you to the positives!  :2vrolijk_21:
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.