Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone had their stock seat modified?  (Read 3282 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Has anyone had their stock seat modified?
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:55:13 AM »

Hi, I got my bike back from upholstery shop today. ( The Upholstery Zone 805-844-5386 located in Simi Valley, Ca.) I am very pleased with the modification Ramon did by reducing the seat height so I can place both feet flat at an intersection even with just  tennis shoes. He lowered my seat quite a bit and installed memory foam. The seat heaters were reinstalled and work just fine. I feel confident in recommending him. Please see the attached picture. If anyone wants more pictures email me and I will send them to you. CAHDBIKER (ramon's web address is theupholsteryzone.com)

I have an 09 SEUC (SILVER). I need to be about an inch or two closer to the ground. I have the lower FLHX rear shocks, and I still feel like I  would like to be a little closer to the ground. I have to scoot forward at a light to put both feet flat on the ground. I am 5'9". It is okay when I am riding alone, but with my wife and luggage I would feel a little more comfortable  if my seat height was lower by about two inches. I was wondering if anyone has had any work done to their stock seat to obtain this result and were you also able to keep the heating element. I see two seats in the HD catalogue that might work just fine.(In the 2011 big parts catalogue page number 348 part number 54382-11 and 54383-11), however, they are not heated and now that I have been spoiled by a heated seat I don't want to go back to a non heated seat. Thanks in advance for any input. CAHDBIKER
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:24:54 AM by cahdbiker »

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Re: Has anyone had their stock seat modified?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »

cahdbiker, have not done anything to my seat, but would like to know what you think of the FLHX shocks you installed? Any issues with bottoming out riding w/ passenger? How's the ride quality compared to what came stock on the 09 CUSE? Thanks

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:27:19 PM »

Contact Alligator Bob (A Forum Member) and he can help you out with your oe seat...
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »

gg, I think they did lower the bike a bit. The ride is fine with just me at about 30 lbs of air.( I weight about 190) Sometimes If I hit a quick dip they bottom out. With my wife and luggage we run at about 45 to 50 lbs and the ride and handling is good. However, looking back If I would have thought about it I would have modified the seat first ,before I spent the money on the shocks, which only lowered the bike about 3/4 off an inch. I plan on contacting a local uphostery guy who has been recommended by my HD dealer. They say he can recontour my seat and still keep the heating element working. I will make a post with the results. CAHDBIKER

cahdbiker, have not done anything to my seat, but would like to know what you think of the FLHX shocks you installed? Any issues with bottoming out riding w/ passenger? How's the ride quality compared to what came stock on the 09 CUSE? Thanks

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »

Hi MOFO, Thanks for the tip. I am going to talk to Ramon at the Upholstery Zone here in Simi next week and see what his price is to just reduce the padding on the front half of my seat by about 2 inches and hopefully still retain the heating pad. I will make a post after I find out his price etc. The guys at the local HD dealer say his is great. Take care. CAHDBIKER

You might try this, I've heard good things about it :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-Sun-Ray-Heated-Seat-52633-08A-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1556352dQQitemZ120617055533QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
If you want peace, prepare for war.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

Hi MOFO, Thanks for the tip. I am going to talk to Ramon at the Upholstery Zone here in Simi next week and see what his price is to just reduce the padding on the front half of my seat by about 2 inches and hopefully still retain the heating pad. I will make a post after I find out his price etc. The guys at the local HD dealer say his is great. Take care. CAHDBIKER

Nice, I've been thinking of him (ramon) but never stopped in. I was thinking of replacing the top part of the padding with a gel pad  :nixweiss:, but it was just me thinking. Let me know how yours works out  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »

MoFo, I am taking it in next wednesday the 29th and should have it back about the 7th of Oct. or sooner. I will let you know. CAHDBIKER

Nice, I've been thinking of him (ramon) but never stopped in. I was thinking of replacing the top part of the padding with a gel pad  :nixweiss:, but it was just me thinking. Let me know how yours works out  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty

funseeker57

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:40 PM »

I had my seat customized for me.  Not only was I able to keep the heated part they also threw in gell pads.  I live in the Seattle area and Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston Wa. fixed me up.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.