Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sorry Guys Couldn't Take It Any Longer!  (Read 1311 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
Sorry Guys Couldn't Take It Any Longer!
« on: October 07, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »

As some of you know, I was having problems with the wind noise from this bike and the damage to my ears from my day's in the "sand box".

Tried everything, I went back to stock mufflers, larger shield and ear plugs. Long story short the ear plugs hurt to bad to leave in for more than a few minutes and the wind noise was just killing me.

Last week a local Dealer ran a weekend special, MSRP from NADA on trade in. I just couldn't pass on the 24,000 for my bike and traded it in on a 2011 FLHX in Merlot Sunglo!

I put a clearview windshield on it to get the wind up and over me and all is well. In-fact I REALLY like this bike, it is so smooth and the wind noise is very low.

Surprisingly the stock slip ons sound very nice on the 2011s, I asked the Dealer about it and he said that everyone has commented about how good they sound over past years. Also said some of the SE slip ons are sounding a lot better as well. According to him MOCO wants some of the after market muffler business and have done a lot with the street legal mufflers.

Anyway just wanted to say I enjoyed talking with all of you and hope to stop in and chat once in a while.

Ranger On!
Dave

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Sorry Guys Couldn't Take It Any Longer!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »

Don't be a stranger. All are welcome on this site.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:50 AM »

Don't be a stranger. All are welcome on this site.

Of course, that comes from A.J., the "Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm."  Just kidding!  All are definitely welcome! 

Nice ride, newdep.   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:10:23 AM »

Dave,

Now where am I gonna get alll my parts from?  :confused5: I'm glad you found the right ride and there's absolutely no reason for you to "move on" as it were. Pretty soon you'll be adding on all kinds of shiny stuff to this one as well and we all want to be there to watch. Have fun and be sure to post regular updates as you go.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 06:29:50 AM »

Dave,

I know it's a little late, but did you ever try the fork deflectors?  I'm using them with a Fat Boy Windshield and there is no wind and no noise. If I smoked, I could light a cigarette going 60 MPH.  Anyway good luck with the new ride and don't be a stranger.

John
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.