Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performance suggestions  (Read 1014 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Performance suggestions
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:30:31 AM »

I originally posted this in the wrong section as I didn't realize that mods and performance work was covered in this one.

Looking for suggestions for a performance package that will end up just under radical. I want to do it in two phases, the first phase to be just the essentials probably pipes, tuner, intake if any gains or anything else that can be suggested for phase 1. Phase two will be bored or new TB, cams, head work and whatever else is needed to go with it. I will want to use pipes in phase 1 that will still work with the total package. I was original thinking the V&H Big Radius 2 in to 1 Header but again I'm looking for suggestions, hopefully from experienced people with first hand knowledge.

I am vaery versed in how everything works and theory I just don't know the who's who and the correct parts for the job.

I am looking for an overall package that will lean a bit on the low to mid range and a little less for big rpm numbers. I'm pretty much all about how fast I can get there not how fast I'm going after I get there.

Any and all help will be very much appreciated, Rick

CVO Softail conV
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Performance suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:05 AM »

OK,I will start this.
Nice bike and your high level plan is very possible.
First things first.
No sense in getting carried away with bench racing the "stage II" right now just understand that is very possible and the components I suggest will go there later.

I would suggest finding a very talented tuner and purchase the software for a custom tune (my preferance TTS but the tuner will dictate what they use), in your area hopefully, get a HD Heavy Breather, Zippers or Wood AF and change the pipe to Cycle Shack slip-ons or if you like the 2 into 1 look there are several good ones that will transfer over and work well with stage II plan.
Some examples, V&H HO Propipe, D&D FatCat, Rinehart 2 into 1, Bassani Road Rage, and not the V&H Big Radius sorry to say.
Most of these components are a bit overkill for the stock motor but will have very little downside and grow up well later

Understand that depending on the dealer warranty, engine only, could be at jeopardy and in these days of high shop rates and given all the issues \ history with the 110 this is something to consider I would want to have a contract in writing if the dealer will allow these mods. The better of them are not fussy, and the others will hang you out to dry or blame things that are not related to the mods in the event of a failure.

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:38:43 PM »

change the output sprocket  ...   you'll get there much faster with no mods

wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »

Looking for some more suggestions for this, I know ya'll are more chatty than this, c'mon I want to get started on this soon.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52:07 PM »

Looking for some more suggestions for this, I know ya'll are more chatty than this, c'mon I want to get started on this soon.

The weather must be nice.......we are all out riding..........

This has been covered a thousand times before in many threads and Dewey is not sending you in a bad direction.

but if you want a different option........pull the 110 and put in a ground up build motor or buy a JIMs and put it in.

That makes Dewey's suggestion look a lot better.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »

Attend to the heads, install a Wood 408-6, S&S Roller Rockers, 55mm Max Flow HPI t/body, with a D&D Fatcat with the performance baffle.
It'll eat the tire right off it!!!!!! :)
Scott

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.