Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I am Shocked  (Read 1224 times)

cvopaul

I am Shocked
« on: October 14, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »

I sent Progressive suspension an email about what shocks would be best for my 2010 CUSE.  There answer was a little suprising.  They said the 940's would be a good choice but if I was willing to raise the bike one inch over stock to go with the 440's.  Apparently 12"   to 13.1" .   I was to the understanding that both were the same height.  I like to hear our opinion's on this one before I purchase either one.   Thanks Guys.
CVO Paul

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: I am Shocked
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:42 AM »

I thought our bikes came with 13 inchers.  I wonder if they thought you were on a street glide?
I am not certain, but I don't think the 13.1 would actually raise the bike over stock for the USE.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »

I'm starting to think that the current generation of employees at Progressive aren't exactly on top of the situation like the old timers were.  I realize that H-D doesn't do a lot of things with an eye toward making life easier for the aftermarket guys, but it shouldn't be all that tough to keep track of what the standard shocks are on the various models.

The CUSEx comes with the same standard shocks that come on the regular Electraglide models like the FLHTCU.  So that means a 13" air shock, and changing to the Progressive 13" 440 won't change the ride height.  Going with the 944, on the other hand, will lower the ride height when the sag is adjusted as per their instructions, even though the shock measures 13" fully extended.  Slight-of-hand involved, and not the best solution if lowering is your objective IMHO.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »

I like my 440 on the 04 SEEG.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

Like GuppyTrash and GRC stated, the SEUC's already have 13" shocks.

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 silver
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »

just my opinion others may disagree 940s aren't worth the dough! tried em. gotta be a better product out there. as for the company.....ain't hard to tell there motto is sell it and forget it! my 2 cents.............
it ain't about getting to the grave in a perfectly preserved body it's about sliding in sideways saying  WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.